Hunter Merrifield are thrilled to work with a disabilities based in West Essex to a PR Communications Manager to be responsible for the delivery of PR and Communications activities to support its charitable grant making. You will help safeguard organisations reputation as a fantastic disabilities charity which is seen to be fair, balanced and trusted by all stakeholders.
Job Title: PR Communications Manager
Organisation: Disabilities charity
Salary: £44,000 - £50,000
Location: West Essex
Contract: Permanent, full time
Required: CV and Cover Letter
Closing Date: Wednesday 13th July 2022
Benefits: Annual Leave (26 Days 8 Bank Holidays, increasing to 28 days after 5 years' service), Health and Wellbeing support, Enhanced parental leave, fantastic pension, and brilliant culture.
- Develop and implement a proactive programme of PR communications and engagement with key stakeholders and media to ensure all media opportunities are fully maximised, keeping effective contact with relevant media contacts to ensure positive and collaborative relationships are developed and maintained with the Senior Press and PR Manager. This will include social media channels to re-purpose available content in a time sensitive manner.
- Support the Charity's Charitable Operations team subject matter experts to extract content ideas to raise awareness of new projects in exciting and innovative spaces, such as new grants to organisations and charities to better support disabled people.
- You should be confident in creating accurate and engaging copy, good at building relationships with a range of stakeholders, including the media, and will be confident in managing media enquiries and alert Governors, Directors and key stakeholders as required.
- A fresh-thinker, you will provide leadership and be skilled in reporting and analysing the success of PR Communications activity and look to continuously improve.
Qualities and Experience:
- Confidence in liaising with a variety of internal stakeholders including CEO, Directors.
- Exposure to presenting findings and reports to Senior Management.
- Experience of PR Communications in the charity sector.
- Awareness of disability issues.
- Stakeholder engagement experience.
- A story teller with a passion for writing and excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong judgement and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully to urgent PR matters
- Proven track record in building media relationships
This is a fantastic communications role for someone able to shout about the fantastic work of this charity.
To find out more and to apply for the role, please contact Stuart Milliner at Hunter Merrifield.
Along with the charity, we want to practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.