Our client a leading charity is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, pro-active and experienced marketer to join there ambitious and friendly Individual Giving Team as a Direct Marketing Officer.
Project management of direct marketing campaigns:
- Implements direct marketing campaigns across online and offline channels from project initiation, through segmentation, data/media specification, creative approach, production, fulfilment to results analysis, ensuring income and expenditure targets are met.
- Ensures all activity is run in line with best practice and compliance.
- Manages relationships with internal departments and external agencies to maximise the effectiveness of all individual communications.
- Works with Supporter Services Team and fulfilment house to ensure that donors are thanked effectively for all campaigns.
- Monitors activity through weekly reports and produces results analysis, campaign and end of year reviews, recommending future developments.
- Maintains an awareness of all charities service initiatives and communications guidelines set, to identify relevant appeal themes and ensure communications are consistent and accurate.
- Undertakes copy writing and proof reading as needed.
Strategic planning and donor development:
- Works with the Individual Giving Manager to identify supporters to select for direct marketing appeals and communications, maximising supporter experience and lifetime value.
- Works with the Database Officers and Data Manager to undertake database analysis, to inform and improve the direct marketing programme.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of new direct marketing and fundraising initiatives and analyses their potential for the charity.
Supplier and agency management:
- Ongoing management of external suppliers and marketing agencies to ensure activity takes place on schedule and within budget.
- Monitors and reviews the performance of external agencies and suppliers.
- Involvement in the selection, briefing and appointment of alternative suppliers and agencies.
Integration of Fundraising and External Affairs' activities and objectives:
- Implements marketing activity in conjunction with External Affairs department for key organisational shout moments across channels.
- Works with the External Affairs department to ensure that they are fully briefed on Individual Giving campaigns and activities so that media opportunities are maximised.
- Liaises with the External Affairs department regarding the production of promotional materials, ensuring the Media Guidelines and Visual Identity Guidelines are adhered to.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient running of the Central Office as appropriate.
- Participate, as appropriate, in staff forums and meetings.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Represent the Central Office appropriately across the organisation and the wider community as appropriate.
- Treat all colleagues, volunteers and members of the public with dignity and work within and adhere to equal opportunities statement and policies.
- Carry out reasonable requests made that are within the broad remit of the role.
- SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Hands on experience of direct marketing campaign management across a range of activities.
- Proven project management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound understanding of customer relationship marketing and integrated marketing communications.
- Experience of contributing to annual plans.
- Experience of budgetary control and reporting against targets.
- Experience of managing suppliers and agencies.
- Experience of managing digital only marketing campaigns.
- Experience of reporting and analysing online and offline campaigns.
- Competent IT skills in standard Microsoft packages.
- Knowledge of Fundraising regulation, GDPR and best practice.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Direct / Digital Marketing qualification from IDM, DMA, CIM or IoF, or demonstrable, equivalent experience
- Highly effective organisational skills with ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to take decisions within own area and level of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate clearly to a range of people at different levels across the organisation.
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Works effectively within a team.
- Excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adopt a proactive approach, using personal initiative and confidence.
- Assertiveness in dealing with external suppliers.
- Emotionally resilient to sensitive information.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.