Supporter Cultivation and Special Events Manager
This is a fascinating opportunity to support veterans facing health issues by being a key player in the Philanthropy and Partnerships division.
What will I be responsible for?
To implement excellent cultivation activity to move prospects, in line with moves management process.
To implement excellent stewardship activity to retain donors and maximise value.
To achieve/surpass fundraising and marketing targets.
Main accountabilities of the post:
1. With the Senior Manager, work to deliver the high value giving aspect of the engagement strategy with accountability for operationalising the prospecting strand.
2. To support the Senior Manager Philanthropy & Special Projects to develop and implement cultivation and stewardship plans for prospects and donors.
3. With colleagues, develop and implement high value processes (identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship) to ensure that partnership opportunities are maximised.
4. To develop a suite of cultivation and stewardship activity to meet prospect and donor need, including written engagement, peer to peer activity and event activity.
5. To work with Senior Manager to engage senior staff and volunteers in cultivation and stewardship activity.
6. To lead on co-ordinating major donor cultivation events, working with the team to deliver inspiring events for donors and prospects.
7. To ensure that all prospects and donors have comprehensive and tailored donor solicitation plans in place and to maintain excellent records for all supporters in compliance with data protection legislation through proper use of the Raisers Edge fundraising database.
8. To provide HNWI prospects and donors and supporters (including volunteer networks) with an excellent experience of supporting Blind Veterans UK with a view to securing their long- term support for the organisation through first class stewardship.
9. To manage a budget to achieve the required ROI, year on year, taking remedial action as required.
10. To ensure GDPR compliance across all activity.
11. To monitor and evaluate all activity, seeking constant improvement.
What are you great at?
Happy to cope with day to day activity and it is essential that you have the proven ability to work under pressure, often with conflicting priorities, to drive tasks to successful conclusions.
Confident in the ability to work unsupervised and take initiative.
You will have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills and will be confident influencing decision making by others, this will include colleagues across the organisation, partners, supporters and potential supporters.
You will help to establish an engagement function that others across the organisation want to work with and receive professional assistance from.
What knowledge is essential?
A good understanding of the Major Donor fundraising market and trends
High value/philanthropic giving theory
Advanced understanding of the motivations and requirements of high value donors.
Working knowledge of GDPR regulations.
Raisers Edge or similar CRM
What skills are essential?
HNWI fundraising and relationship building
Able to motivate and influence others
Engage colleagues on a daily basis.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
What experience is essential?
Track record of cultivation or stewardship
Event organisation and management
Working with senior and influential people
Experience pf producing written reports and delivering qualitative and quantitative styles.
What personal skills will help me make the most of this role?
Enthusiastic and proactive
Confident and positive
Tactful and diplomatic
Committed to the purpose of the organisation
Prepared to travel
If you would like to play a crucial part in defining the support and care that we can offer our veterans and their families, please contact me today.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.