Hunter Merrifield are delighted to be working with the leading membership body in the UK within the profession of planning, who champion the power of planning in creating prosperous places and vibrant communities. They represent over 25,000 members worldwide, supporting them throughout their careers. They shape planning policy, raise professional standards and are the only body in the UK to confer Chartered status to planners, the highest professional qualification
They are improving and growing their sponsorship offering, creating new opportunities and forging new partnerships within the industry. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales person to join our team during this time of change, and be an integral part of these improvements.
What will my key responsibilities be in this role?
- Responsibility for exhibition and sponsorship sales at the organisations three major national events, with combined revenue of around £200k.
- Build relationships with major partners to assess their individual needs to inform more bespoke offering.
- Ensure sponsorship/partners data is up to date and accurate on the CRM.
- Monitoring sponsorship activity, in particular activity involving major partners.
- Supporting Nations, regions and other teams in helping to create attractive sponsorship packages.
- Market research/attendance at industry events to source new leads.
- Conducting face to face meetings and a high volume of phone calls, to procure new business.
- Constructing written proposals for sponsorship, both one-off packages and year round partnership packages representing various business areas.
- Review current sponsorship opportunities and develop new/bespoke opportunities for clients.
- Meeting KPIs as indicated by the Events Business Manager. This will include, but is not limited to call time targets, meeting targets and revenue targets.
- Undertake such other duties, commensurate with the post, as may be directed by the Events Business Manager.
What experience do I need to be successful in this role?
- Previous experience in a sales role, including selling bespoke packages and consulting with clients to meet their objectives.
- Strong track-record of hitting revenue targets.
- A confident, proactive, sales-driven individual
- Creativity and flexibility to come up with sponsorship packages.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues simply and effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal confidently with a range of people at all levels.
- The ability to manage and prioritise a complex workload, and deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of working for a membership organisation.
- Experience with a CRM system.
If your experiences match what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you… Please apply within!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.