Senior Programme Officer - Building Safety
Duration - 3 months
Pay - £26.84ph
Location - remote/flexible
Start - asap
Hours - 35 PW
Our client is a leading regulatory body based in central London. They are looking for an experienced Programme Officer to provide a professional lead on administration of the organisation's investment programmes established to improve the safety standards of existing homes in London.
Duties include but aren't limited to:
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with investment partners to support effective administration of the building safety investment programmes.
- Use professional judgement to support the effective use and management of public sector resources to maximum benefit of local communities.
- Manage the procurement of services required by the programme or project in line with procurement procedures.
- Ensure that all funding is appropriately safeguarded and utilised and risk management is embedded in all aspects of delivery and reporting.
- Analyse, assess and interpret funding bids from applicants. Manage the subsequent investment programme, ensuring key milestones are achieved. Ensure project and programme performance is accurately maintained in line with reporting requirements.
- Grow and maintain a thorough understanding of building safety and quality issues affecting residential buildings in London.
- Implement Mayoral or government policy initiatives and funding opportunities as they arise to support housing objectives.
- Ensure relevant residents and leaseholders are kept informed about remediation progress for buildings in receipt of funding.
- Use commercial and professional experience to provide constructive challenge through the use of commercial skills, business acumen and innovation and work with partners, including local authorities, to evaluate local priorities and targets and delver cost effective development solutions.
- Manage the delivery of compliance audits and ensure shortcomings in process are addressed.
- Take a lead on specific technical building safety policy areas as needed to provide a strategic lead across the building safety team and support advice to the Mayor and other key stakeholders.
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.