Senior Policy Officer
Pay - £26.84
Duration - 6 months
Type - Temporary
Location - Hybrid work pattern - office based in SE
Our client is a leading Authority based in central London. They are looking for a professional and experienced Policy officer to develop and implement policy on resilience for London, raise awareness of resilience activity across London government and promote and support policy development that increases London's overall resilience
- Drawing up and delivering an implementation plan for the Strategy, and monitoring progress
- Work closely with key stakeholders and other relevant organisations to contribute to policy on resilience
- To undertake other urban resilience policy work, as required, mindful of the complex structures and interactions underpinning London government and also of the finite nature of the resources available to partner bodies in the capital.
- To work with policy leads and other organisations on urban resilience issues of common interest
- To work closely with staff, ensuring a robust link between civil contingencies response mechanisms and policy and response activity
- To ensure that the work conducted is in line with Mayoral policies and priorities.
- To research and identify potential funding streams to enhance resilience activities on the ground
- To collaborate with other cities, including through international networks, to learn from best practice and case studies to improve the resilience of the city, while also contributing learning to the global urban resilience practice.
- To promote and enable equality of opportunities, addressing the specific needs and aspirations of London's diverse communities.
- To develop a robust set of performance metrics to monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of the resilience strategy.
- Proven ability to work across complex policy areas
- Experience of urban resilience policy work
- Knowledge of the resilience challenges London faces
- An understanding of devolved government
- Experience of successfully working in a comparable high-pressure organisation
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.