Senior Policy Officer - Strategy, Policy & Relationships
Pay rate: £24.11ph
Duration: 3 months
Location: Remote/flexible working
Our client is a leading authority based in central London. They are looking for a experienced and professional Policy Officer to contribute to the delivery of the Mayor's policies and manifestos on skills and employment.
Duties will include:
- Contribute to policy development that will help to realise the Mayor's manifesto commitments relating to skills and employment.
- Undertake and / or commission research and analysis on skills and employment policy to help inform and implement priorities within the Mayor's skills strategy, the London Recovery Programme, the Adult Education Budget and wider mayoral priorities.
- Contribute to research and analysis to help inform the production of an annual skills statement setting out what London government seeks to prioritise through the devolved AEB, and how funding will be prioritised and delivered.
- Lead and undertake research and policy development to help inform the rationale and evidence to make the case for wider skills devolution including 16-19 funding, careers services, Apprenticeship Levy and replacement EU funding.
- Establish, develop and maintain good working relationships within and outside the Authority, particularly with London's boroughs and sub-regional partnerships, skills and adult education providers, business representative organisations, relevant government departments and agencies.
- Provide high quality written and oral briefings, policy advice and reports for the Mayor and his advisors, staff, government departments and London and national organisations, to include:
- Drafting timely responses to Mayoral questions and correspondence
- Providing concise briefings and responses to questions
- Providing meeting management and secretariat functions for key meetings
- Representing the authority at external events and meetings
What the client is looking for:
- Experience in contributing to policy and / or strategy development within a political context.
- A successful track record in using research and analysis to inform policy and strategy development; excellent knowledge of skills and employment policy and delivery.
- Experience in project management, monitoring and reporting.
- A successful track record in working with a range of stakeholders, building and managing relationships.
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.