Senior Policy and Commissioning Manager - 6 month FTC
The team at Hunter Merrifield are delighted to be working with a leading government agency to hire a Senior Policy and Commissioning Manager for a 6 month FTC. The successful candidate will be responsible for commissioning services to achieve priorities within the Police and Crime Plan and support the development of a commissioning strategy and be involved in all aspects of the commissioning cycle to achieve value for money. We are looking for someone with significant management experience of commissioning, working in partnership and service delivery within a criminal justice environment. A proven track record of successful commissioning and involvement throughout the commissioning cycle.
What is your role in this?
- Work with the Head of Service to contribute and deliver the organizations' commissioning strategy.
- To be involved in all aspects of the commissioning cycle to ensure effectiveness and value for money is achieved.
- Work across teams and directorates to ensure commissioned services meet organisational needs, relevant due diligence checks have been undertaken and reporting and quality measures are in place.
- Lead and performance manage an operational team, develop policy issues. Areas include, but not limited to:
- Gangs and youth violence
- Violence against women and girls, including a pan-London domestic violence service and support for London's four Rape Crisis Centres
- Building efficiency and effectiveness within the Criminal Justice system
- Young People services
- Services for Victims
- Build effective partnerships with local authorities, the MET, charities and other crime reduction organisations across London to deliver organisational priorities.
- Ensure the team is informed on key national policy issues in relation to criminal justice, policing and community safety, advising the Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Policing and Crime as appropriate
- Contribute to agreed interventions in support of partnerships.
- Contribute to the organisation's' oversight of critical community issues, e.g. stop and search and hate crime
- Contribute to the leadership and effective management of the organisation and the development of a delivery culture which enables the organisational to improve, innovate and effectively deliver the Mayor and Deputy Mayor's.
What skills do you need to succeed?
- Extensive experience of commissioning services in a public sector setting and a thorough understanding of the whole commissioning process.
- Exceptional ability to communicate, build relationships, influence and negotiate with prospective providers stakeholders and partners.
- Committed to quality outcomes and value for money for commissioned and operational services.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment.
- Significant experience of managing high performing teams to deliver outcomes and maintain service delivery.
- Managing a quality service - Define and integrate clear structures, policies, systems, and resources to promote efficient service delivery.
This is a dynamic and exciting department and you could be a part of it! Apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.