Senior Policy Adviser
Salary: £42,228- £52,785
Hours: 35 hours per week
Our client is a well-respected Academy based within central London. They are looking for an experienced and motivated policy professional to work across its portfolio, including leading its programme on mathematics and computing education.
- Line management responsibility for a small number of direct reports.
- Ensuring high quality secretariat provision
- Developing and maintaining stakeholder subject discipline groups and networks with the expertise needed to inform the Academy's policy activity.
- Taking forward a programme to support wider participation in mathematical subjects and computing.
- Identifying and analysing policy issues of relevance to the Academy's priorities.
- Working with networks of experts and influencers to identify opportunities to disseminate and promote our outputs and recommendations, and to build partnerships where valuable.
- Providing frequent advice to senior management, relevant Vice Presidents, Fellows and committees.
- Coordinating, drafting and editing policy reports, presentations, briefings and other outputs.
- Ensuring the successful development and implementation of the Academy's policy programmes, including liaison with Committees.
- Overseeing projects undertaken by others, for example Policy Advisers and Project Coordinators.
- Effectively managing the budget and management reporting for your programme.
- Building and maintaining strategic national and international networks of influence with policymakers, scientists, education practitioners and other stakeholders at their own and at a higher level of seniority.
- Representing the Academy and its policy positions in meetings with government, policymakers and others.
- Ensuring a high-quality secretariat functions for committees
- Drafting clear and succinct papers to gain advice and agreement for your programme of work.
- Ensuring quality assurance processes are followed for your programme of work and other outputs.
- A degree (or equivalent)
- To have worked on a variety of policy programmes at the national and/or international level
- Expertise and experience in one or more areas of education policy
- Skilled oral and written communication for technical and non-technical audiences
- Assessment and reporting of technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Self-organisation and management of several tasks simultaneously
- Highly motivated and an ability to generate similar motivation in others
- An enthusiastic team player, with experience of collaborative working
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- To have worked on a variety of education policy projects
- Delivering complex projects on time, on budget and on scope
- Writing, editing and disseminating reports
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.