Hunter Merrifield are delighted to be working with the leading membership body in the UK within the profession of planning. They work closely with government, influencing policy and legislation. With approximately 25,000 members worldwide, they develop and support their members throughout their careers. They are responsible for maintaining professional standards and accrediting world class planning courses.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the membership team, working closely with the Membership Manager and Head of Membership to contribute to membership strategies to maximise membership growth and retention.
What will my key responsibilities be in this role?
- To coordinate the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) process, ensuring consistency.
- Working with the team to ensure all administration is undertaken and deadlines are met.
- To coordinate the Associate and Legal Associate assessment process, ensuring they are consistent with the APC and assessments are undertaken in a timely and professional manner.
- To provide one to one support to candidates requiring assistance with the assessment feedback.
- To undertake statistical analysis of membership elections.
- To work with the Head of Membership and Membership Manager to contribute to membership conversion strategies, the member journey and segmenting and profiling of membership data.
- Oversee and manage the membership section of the CRM, ensuring the integrity of the data.
- Work with the ICT team and CRM supplier to design and increase the automation and improve systems around the membership application process.
- To maintain and update the Membership Register, using Microsoft Dynamics.
- To work with the Membership Manager and relevant Committees and Panels to review membership processes and procedures.
- To support the implementation of the Student Member Strategy.
- Operate a high standard of customer care, responding to written and telephone enquiries.
- To support the work of the Membership Assessment Advisory Panel by preparing and coordinating agendas, papers, minutes and their distribution and assisting in the implementation and monitoring of actions arising from the meetings.
- To support the work of the Membership & Ethics Committee by preparing papers, writing minutes and assisting in the implementation and monitoring of actions arising from the meetings.
- Work with colleagues across the team to ensure the assessment and customer service are aligned to the needs of members and enhance membership development.
- Ensure membership application guidance documents and resource materials are up to date and relevant. Source new guidance materials if needed.
- To promote Chartered membership through the APC and all classes of membership by providing presentations to potential members and key stakeholders. This will include some travel in the UK.
- Ensure membership pages on the website are fit for purpose and content is updated on a regular basis.
- To assist with processing membership applications and assessment feedback during busy periods.
What experience do I need to be successful in this role?
- Experience of working within the membership team of a professional membership organisation
- A good understanding of the principles of assessing professional competence and the benefits of being a member of a professional body
- Excellent IT skills including advanced CRM knowledge and skills
- Experience of producing and analysing statistical data
- Experience of reviewing and implementing procedures and systems
- Effective stakeholder management skills
- A strong customer focus.
- Ability to work on own initiative but also work effectively as a member of a team.
- Good communication skills, oral and written including good report writing skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines as necessary.
- Excellent presentation skills including experience of giving presentations
If your experiences match what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you… Please apply within!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.