To oversee the provision of a high quality HR service. To ensure support and advice to senior managers to ensure that HR policies are properly and consistently implemented. To provide a lead on the delivery of HR projects under the direction of the HR Business Partner and support Living Knowledge strategic programmes. To actively network internally and externally to ensure the organisation continuously develops and learns from others. Ensures all operational KPIs are met by Adviser's.
Key areas of responsibility
- Work with HR Business Partner to deliver a proactive and value added HR service to the organisation
- Support and enable managers to achieve solutions to management issues within the organisations cultural context.
- To manage the Adviser's to ensure HR issues are addressed in a timely manner. Working closely as Senior HRAs, to ensure excellent service delivery across both portfolio areas
- To lead and work on HR and Strategic projects with minimum supervision from HRBPs to deliver the People Strategy and Living Knowledge
- To ensure HR contracts are managed effectively
- Managing a team of 3-4 Advisers
- To ensure and advise managers and staff on matters across the whole spectrum of human resources.
- To coordinate senior and complex recruitment campaigns to attract and recruit appropriate candidates at all levels.
- To complete statistical returns relating to specific functional areas and provide relevant information for inclusion in management reports to support the HR KPI's.
- To advise on the implementation of organisation and service reviews to ensure that strategic objectives are fulfilled and that the change programmes are embedded within this business. To work on management of change, and organisational development projects. To manage and interpret workforce information data to assist with service development and change management plans.
- To deliver workshops for managers and staff on HR topics and new initiatives
- To support Head of HR on various HR projects and Continuous Improvement initiatives to support the People Strategy and Living Knowledge.
- To undertake reward reviews and make recommendations for change and improvements the meet business needs
- Provide advice to hearing boards and appeal panels to enable them to make appropriate decisions. Advise managers on how to communicate their outcome decisions.
- To attend meetings with Trade Union representatives as required and provide quality advice to managers in respect of employee relations' issues to support the delivery of an effective service.
- Responsible for undertaking Job Evaluation and advising managers in line with Pay Policy
- Ensure the fair distribution of work across Adviser's and ensure KPIs are met by all staff
- Ensure the successful management of outsourced HR contracts
- Ensure diversity initiates are delivered to meet KPI's and business needs
- Expected to demonstrate a willingness to take on a range of tasks and to develop new skills, as appropriate, in own or other departments/directorates to support the delivery of the organisations services as required by line management
Minimum requirements (essential)
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Proven generalist HR experience
- Proven successful experience of working on projects with set outcomes and timescales from an HR perspective
- Ability to work in a fast moving working environment
- Commitment to continuous professional development and learning
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and professional HR issues
- Diagnostic skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Able to demonstrate behaviour supporting organisations values
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.