We are very excited to be working with one of the UK's largest membership bodies, while they develop a new website and digital strategy. This specialist association is looking for a confident and experienced Content Editor who has project led a key transformation.
The successful candidate will work closely with teams across the organisation, supporting them to develop relevant and engaging content for their diverse membership. They will also be a confident writer, with an analytical approach to their work, looking to make a clear impact. This is a hands-on role, so ideal for a seasoned content editor or digital project manager
What will I be responsible for as part of this role?
- Project manage a content audit of the current website and microsites
- Develop, communicate and implement a plan for website content re-purposing and creation
- Work with the College's Digital Project Manager to ensure content creation deadlines are met
- Oversee the content publication process, working with the website system supplier and content authors across the College to add content into the Content Management System (CMS)
- Where required, provide staff with training and coaching on how to:
- o Write for the web
- o Write consistently with the College's style and tone of voice
- o Personalise content for specific audience personas
- o Structure content to fulfill accessibility and SEO requirement
What key skills and experience will I need to ensure that I succeed?
- Significant experience working as a Senior Online Content Editor
- Experience in developing a content strategy and content plan
- Experience of creating the different content types used on a website (blog post, event promotion, news item, report summary, informational content etc.)
- Ability to write and edit for a variety of target audiences and reading ages
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and style
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Good understanding of SEO principles and of accessibility (WCAG AA)
- Able to lead, train and coach a team of content authors
- Knowledge of Drupal 8 and/or GatherContent is an advantage
For an informal conversation please contact Alexandra Kambanella @ Hunter Merrifield on 0207 759 7929
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.