Hunter Merrifield is delighted to be o be working with a leading government agency to hire a Senior Board and Committee for a period of 6 months. The successful candidate will provide high quality clerking and governance support for various boards and key decision-making bodies and committees. For this role, we require someone with proven experience managing formal board/committee meetings and be able to apply relevant legislation and governance best practice.
What will my key responsibilities be?
- To provide clerking and governance support to a number of boards and other Authority bodies as necessary, to undertake scheduling of meetings, preparation of reports and agendas, drafting of accurate records of meetings in accordance with the Directorate's policies and procedures.
- To provide appropriate and timely procedural and business management advice to the chairs and members of the relevant bodies and senior officers and ensure appropriate and effective management of business and continuous improvement in meeting-related activities, ensuring that all relevant people are properly briefed on key issues in advance of meetings, that early warning of issues is provided in a timely and effective manner and to initiate, co-ordinate and monitor action taken to implement decisions of and other bodies.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with appointed members as necessary in relation to bodies to which support is provided, officers within the Authority's Secretariat
- Contribute to the development, implementation and management of the Authority's governance framework
What do I need to be successful in this post?
- Proven track record of success in managing formal Board and/or Committee meetings;
- Evidence of ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation and governance best practice; and
- Broad understanding of key policy and political issues affecting London and the governance structures of London.
If you are an experienced and dedicated Governance and Committee specialist we'd love to hear from you, so please apply within.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.