Scheme Manager - Grants
Hours: 35 hours per week
Type: 7 months FTC
Location: SW (temporarily remote)
Our client is a well-respected Academy based within central London. They are looking for an to take responsibility for delivering the day to day management and administration of the academy's Research Fellowship. They will be the main point of contact for applicants, peer reviewers and award holders - working on aspects of both pre-award a
What will the role involve?
- To be responsible for a portfolio of fellowship and grant funding schemes from the administration of applications, through the peer review process, to making awards and subsequently to support award holders
- To be actively involved in managing relationships with applicants, current award holders, alumni, and other relevant stakeholders
- To assist with the organisation and management of, and to represent the Academy, at events led by the Grants section
- To monitor progress of individual grants and to help ensure that knowledge gained in the context of grant making is utilized to maximum effect internally and communicated widely and effectively externally
- To be involved in the evaluation and review of grant schemes and by doing this to help ensure that the Academy delivers schemes that are relevant for the science community and that have maximum impact
- To act as the Committee Secretary for the scheme(s) under your management and therefore support the Chair in managing the Panel, reviewing panel membership on an annual basis, recruiting additional members or renewing membership tenures where appropriate
- To assist the decision-making panels and panel chairs with accurate information on all applications and briefings on funding related developments
- To manage the budget for the scheme(s) under your management by deciding in conjunction with the Programme and Senior Managers and/or Head of Grants as appropriate, how the budget(s) should be allocated, and being responsible for pacing/setting up grant payments for authorisation as appropriate
- To be responsible for accurate record keeping, producing financial reports, and maintaining data to reflect previous and current trends in applications and awards
- To support the ongoing implementation of the Royal Academy's electronic grant application and processing database
- To support and be involved in the promotion of funding schemes to key audiences and to deal with enquiries about funding schemes and policies
- To undertake such other duties as may be assigned by the Programme and Senior Managers, Heads of Grants and Director of Grant Programmes.
What the client is looking for:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Science degree
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Good presentational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Experience of working in a team and across teams
- Experience of using IT to collect, analyse and manipulate data accurately
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.