2 months - part time for full time
I have an exciting opportunity, working with a leading government body as an interim Research and Policy Support Officer. This role is for a period of 2 months with the possibility of extension. The ideal candidate will have proven experience of policy briefing in a political environment, demonstrable research skills, and highly organised approach to their work. In this role, the successful candidate will be provide core research and policy briefings, advice and support to the high profile individuals.
What will I be doing in this role?
- To provide core research and policy briefings, advice and support to the Assembly Member(s) across the range of their functions
- To act as the first point of contact for the allocated Assembly Member(s) for all people within and without the organisation, representing the views and interests of the Member(s) in an effective and professional manner, and dealing with a wide range of internal and external people and organisations.
- To manage all correspondence (including electronic) and casework received by the Member(s) concerned as required.
- To work with the senior press officer to provide pro-active public affairs support to the Assembly Member(s), including producing policy or constituency issue reports to publication standard.
- To take primary responsibility for the co-ordination of the given Assembly Member(s) work for Assembly meetings, in liaison with the Head of Office and other colleagues.
What do I need to be successful in this post?
- Demonstrable research skills, to enable quick and effective grasp of information from a range of sources on a wide range of policy topics, and proven experience of policy briefing in a political / public sector organisation.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills, including experience of writing a range of different styles of document for different audiences, often within very short timescales; experience of producing information specifically for media work and/or briefings for media interviews; the ability to use a range of software and media.
- Experience of working directly with influential, high profile people in a pressured environment and in dealing with confidential/sensitive issues and documents; the ability to work in a politically complex organisation and apply political awareness.
If you are immediately available and have the relevant skills and experience, get in touch today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.