To provide general administrative assistance to the Senior Executive Assistant and the Executive Director. To take responsibility for the smooth running of the Intern Programme in the role of Intern Programme Manager. Assisting with the collation and preparation of agendas and general documents. Assisting where possible with projects in other departments.
Provide administrative support for the Executive Director
Intern Programme Management
- To receive, collate and disperse applications from prospective interns
- To arrange and coordinate intern interviews with Heads of Departments where required, book room, send offer letters and relevant material, check visas
- To ensure all letters, relevant materials and visa checks are received from Regional offices
- To be the first point of contact for interns' queries and communications including acceptances and rejections of applications
- To receive applications from interns for Educational Trust funding and obtain references in support of those applications
- To make balanced decisions on which interns should be awarded funding
- Responsible for ensuring intern payments are made in a timely manner
- To advise and guide interns on the visa process, and maintain relations with Bunac, who assist interns in obtaining visas
- To log interns' sickness and holiday, and look after their pastoral care where appropriate
- Liaise with law schools
- Set up lunches and Royal Courts of Justice tour
- Set up online meetings for interns to network
- Responsible for 'Intern Newsletter' - liaising with interns/production/content/web team to ensure the creation of the newsletter each intake
- Organise and manage Intern presentations
- Organise and manage Q&A session with both internal and external guest speakers
- To request evaluation forms and funding reports at the end of internship
- Put together grant requests for HRI Funding Grant and ICC Funding Grant (annually) for HRI Trust
- To do HRI report on funding (bi-annually)
- Update intern pages; intern alumni pages on LinkedIn
- Create the annual budget and manage expenses
- Ensure website it kept up to date
- Ensure all processes and procedure documentation is kept up to date
- Oversee the Annual Report
- Liaising with departments to collate reports
- Liaising with Accounts and Production teams for creation of Annual Report
- Arrange and attend meetings with Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, Head of Finance, Head of Production and Executive Director to review report
- Ensuring report is handed to Head of BIC in time for circulation of Council Agenda for Mid-Year Council meeting
you will need to be able to communicate with people on all levels, as regular written and spoken contact with all staff, officers and members will be required.
A Level Standard (English / Maths)
Computer training - MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Excellent written and spoken English
Minimum 3 years secretarial work experience
Experience in an international environment.
Experience managing a number of individuals in a team.
Experience dealing with high level executives in an organisation.
Event organising experience.
Technical/Professional Skills and Knowledge
Spreadsheets / Budgeting
Word - Advanced
Travel / Hotel liaison and negotiation
Excellent command of English Language
Ability to juggle priorities
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to deal with senior individuals, sensitive to other cultural norms / personalities
Ability to remain calm under pressure of multiple activities/deadlines/senior level demands
Ability to use initiative
Proactively manage workload
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.