Pay: £30-32k (hourly rate will reflect salary offered)
Duration: 3 months
Hours: 35 hours per week (including some evening and weekend working)
Location: Remote and minimum 2 days in the office based in SW (domestic travel required 1-2 times a month including overnight stays.
Our client is well respected membership body that specialises with in the scientific industry. They are looking for an experienced Programmes Officer to lead on a portfolio of activities and host international and domestic meetings. These meetings will be held as hybrid, in-person or virtual meetings.
What does the role involve?
Event / Programme Management
- Lead on the end-to-end delivery of an allocated programme of events ensuring that they are delivered successfully and meet their objectives.
- Contribute to the setting of plans, programme objectives and timescales and proactively identify if these need to be updated/changed.
- Ensure that event plans include flexibility to accommodate virtual or hybrid alternatives should the need arise.
- Resolve any logistical and resource issues that arise in the process of organising an event, escalating these in a timely manner if necessary.
- Lead on the onsite or online delivery of events as required, ensuring that all staff are fully briefed ahead of time
- Draft a range of written materials, such as planning documents, briefing documents or reports for committees, speakers and other audiences.
- Work with the internal services teams, manage the catering numbers and produce design assets as required
- Manage the invitation and registration processes for events, ensuring records are kept up to date in a timely way
- Ensure that contact and event records on the crm system are kept up to date
- Effectively manage the budget for events, ensuring they are run within agreed parameters and document this information in the overall section budget.
- Ensure contributors and participants are appropriately acknowledged and thanked where needed.
- Ensure post-event debriefs take place and that lessons learned are acted on in the future.
- Manage the relevant shared inboxes as needed, and respond to queries in a timely manner
- Quickly build excellent working relationships with suppliers, colleagues and external partners in order to support the effective planning and delivery of events
Reporting and Evaluation
- Ensure appropriate evaluation methods are employed for all projects and producing output/outcome reports as required
- take a continuous improvement approach to work, ensuring that processes are regularly reviewed and updated
What the client is looking for:
- Proven experience of delivering complex high-profile events is essential
- Ability to quickly build strong working relationships with internal colleagues and external partners at all levels.
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations.
- Experience in working with scientists or academics would be advantageous.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.