Procurement Manager - Corporate
Pay: £191.00 - £415.00 per day
Start Date: ASAP - November 2022
Our client is a leading transportation organisation based in South London. They are looking for an experienced and forward-thinking individual to develop procurement strategies and category plans and deliver best value and efficient procurements of works, services and supplies.
- Collate customer requirements, data and intelligence about suppliers, market sectors and contractual commitments for the development of five year forecasts of procurement requirements and develop procurement strategies, category plans and specific procurement plans, in support of a defined asset or delivery area
- Manage the procurement processes for competitive tendering, including supplier selection, pre-qualification, tendering and evaluation and contract award in accordance with the procurement plan, procedures and governance.
- Lead risk assessments with subject matter experts to establish the safety and business criticality of the works, services or products to be procured and develop the appropriate level of supplier and product assurance, audit and evaluation for each procurement to mitigate risks and incorporate HSQE policies.
- Utilise e-procurement tools, templates and standard forms of contract, to maximise the efficiency and control of the procurement process and to support the fair evaluation of responses from the bidding suppliers This role profile takes account of the primary factors but recognises there may be a number of items required to fulfil the role, but which are not required to be detailed.
- Manage contract negotiations, including the formulation of negotiation parameters, analysis and interpretation of commercial data and demonstration of flexibility whilst achieving negotiation objectives.
- Prepare appropriate forms of contract to clarify the price and deliverables for the works or services, contract responsibilities, and the incentives, risk and obligations for each party; stipulate contractual remedies in the event of poor performance or breach of contract.
- Maintain accurate and auditable records of procurement process compliance and ensure that vital records are maintained and archived when appropriate, and the contracts and supplier registers are updated
- Exercise procurement authority as delegated by the Commercial Director; maintain high levels of process probity.
- When managing procurement staff, set clear objectives, provide feedback on performance and coach staff in the application of best practice.
- Experienced in planning and delivering procurements in an underground/railway environment, asset management business, or in a highly regulated industry with health and safety at its core.
- Previous experience of working within the EU Regulations for public sector and utilities procurement
- Experienced in utilisation of specialist IT systems for the management of sourcing
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.