Hunter Merrifield are thrilled to work with a disabilities based in West Essex to recruit a PR and Communications Executive supporting the Press, PR and Stakeholder Engagement team with the delivery of PR and Communications activities to promote Motability's charitable grant making and research and innovation work.
Job Title: PR and Communications Executive
Organisation: Disabilities charity
Salary: £27000 - £33000
Location: West Essex
Contract: Permanent, full time
Required: CV and Cover Letter
Benefits: Annual Leave (26 Days 8 Bank Holidays, increasing to 28 days after 5 years' service), Health and Wellbeing support, Enhanced parental leave, fantastic pension, and brilliant culture.
- Develop and implement a proactive programme of Public Relations and communications activities with key stakeholders and media to ensure all media opportunities are fully maximised.
- Support the PR Manager (Charitable Operations) and PR Manager (Performance and Engagement) to develop content ideas to raise awareness of new projects in exciting and innovative spaces, such as new grants to organisations and charities to better support disabled people.
- Create copy and update our website with news stories, case studies, blogs and more.
- Support with media monitoring and reporting as well as press office inbox management, including responding to journalists, drafting press responses, alerting Governors, Directors and key stakeholders as required.
- Support with project activities such as events, surveys, maintaining a record of our interactions with key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain the communications calendar, including carrying out forward planning.
- Support with media evaluation such as monthly coverage reports.
- Support with social media, as required.
Qualities and Experience:
- At least 2 years' experience of PR
- Experience of a broad Communications role.
- Experience of PR or Communications in the charity sector.
- Awareness of disability issues.
- Educated to degree level.
- A natural story teller with a passion for writing and experience of drafting strong and engaging copy such as press releases, web pages and blogs
- Ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully to urgent media enquiries and juggle multiple enquiries.
- Strong news sense and the ability to undertake research and apply key insights/ findings to ensure press material is newsworthy.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proven relationship building skills and the ability to develop a network of media and influencer contacts.
This is a fantastic communications role for someone able to shout about the fantastic work of this charity.
To find out more and to apply for the role, please contact Akash Mahmud at Hunter Merrifield.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.