LOCATION: Central London
Hunter Merrifield are delighted to be working with the world's leading professional body for Accounting Technicians, with over 140,000 members worldwide. As a Policy Development Manager, you will be working with strategic decision makers. This role holds an important place within this professional team who are passionate about delivering excellence to the business and our members.
What will my responsibilities be in this role?
To contribute to the achievement of "our" business plan objectives and the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation by:
- Developing policy and guidance in the critical areas of professional standards and relevant regulatory requirements, including anti-money laundering (AML) compliance to ensure that they are compliant with its obligations as a supervisory body, and that members are compliant with the framework within which they operate
- Engaging with relevant regulators (particularly the Office for Professional Body Anti-Money Laundering Supervisors) to demonstrate compliance through data provision and audit activities
- Actively engaging with the membership on their compliance obligations (AML, IFAC, Professional Conduct in Relation to Tax (PCRT), Non-Compliance with Laws and Regulations (NOCLAR)) reducing instances of non-compliance through strategic alignment of policy activity with engagement activity
- To provide support to the Professional Standards team in understanding upcoming developments to the regulatory framework within which it operates, as well as assisting with complex enquiries received
- Develop friendly, positive and supportive relationships with external and internal customers, and to provide them with excellent service
- Adhering to responsible business practices, such as high standards of governance, raising employment standards for employees and forming trade and community partnerships with appropriate organisations
- Continuing to develop the company reach with targeted and appropriate interaction with key stakeholders both in the UK and globally
What Key Skills do I need?
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with internal and external contacts (strong customer focus)
- Consultative and collaborative approach to working with colleagues
- Excellent communication skills including being a confident public speaker
- Ability to develop new skills, knowledge and understanding
- Ability to manage heavy and varied workloads with proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Awareness of self-regulatory/ professional working body working
- Analytic approach and sound judgement on complex regulatory issues and implications
- Intelligent, strategic thinking, creative, planning and logical problem solving
What experience do I need to be successful in this post?
The successful candidate will have the ability to take ownership and self-motivate. This is a standalone role within a team of 8 people so these are key skills to have. We are looking for a confident communicator with proven experience in creating policy against regulation as well as developing and delivering on projects, meeting deadlines.
If you have proven experience developing policies, building relationships and leading on projects, we would love to hear from you… Please apply within!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.