LOCATION: Central London
SALARY: £25,000 OTE
ROLE: 2 x Permanent roles
Hunter Merrifield are delighted to be working with a leading trade union and professional body who are the voice of dentists and dental students throughout the UK. Within these two job roles as a Membership Sales Executive, you will be responsible for targeted membership acquisition, recruiting new members and upgrading existing members.
We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated membership professional with strong communication skills and experience in customer services. The successful candidate will be a sales professional with the ability to have a consultative approach when speaking with existing and new members. In this role, you will need to be commercial in your thinking, aiming to maximise membership revenue, achieving and exceeding membership sales and upgrade targets.
What will my responsibilities be in this role?
- Generate significant new business sales (new joiners and up-graders) to agreed monthly targets via outbound calling
- Work to joiner and upgrade targets, forecasting outcomes and regularly reporting on performance against targets
- Deploy soft sales techniques to explain the benefits of, and encourage, upgrades
- Advise, recommend and assist members with choosing the correct membership package and sell the benefits of the upper packages
- Develop warm leads and nurture relationships with prospects to close the deal, and potentially sell further products and services
- Actively build and develop knowledge of the sector, our competition, dentist's needs and "our company" services in order to assist with objection-handling and identify product improvements
- Understand and respond to member concerns or reasons for leaving, briefing prospects of their options, countering concerns and persuading individuals to join and/or remain in membership
- Identify opportunities to promote the benefits of membership during all calls, tailoring information about our services to the individual's circumstances and needs, to improve understanding of the member offering and improve perception of value
- Work in a unified way with other Sales Team members to ensure all opportunities to support and sell are utilised
- Develop and foster close relationships with key stakeholders, such as Membership and Marketing colleagues, to ensure up-to-date information is shared with prospects
- For every contact, ensure that all member contact is recorded in CARE and that any necessary processing is completed and all appropriate confirmation emails or paperwork is undertaken with immediate effect.
- Undertake any other duties or special projects commensurate with the aims and objectives of this post.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Minimum of 5 year's proven sales experience
- Proven track record of business acquisition and experience of meeting sales targets
- Strong commercial acumen
- Confident telephone manner with outstanding persuasion skills, and expert at closing deals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of customer service
- Excellent personal organisation skills with ability to maintain high energy levels and motivation during repetitive work
- High level of initiative and confidence, with a creative and member-centric approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of database-driven sales and contact systems, and ability to undertake system processing with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly flexible and adaptable, with a 'can do' attitude
- Good team player with ability to liaise, develop and maintain good relationships with "our company" staff and other stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills, including Outlook, Word and Excel and use of contact / CRM databases
If you have proven experience meeting sales and upgrade targets and building relationships, we would love to hear from you! Please apply within!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.