Membership Operations Manager £30k-£34k
Do have experience of working in a customer focused, target driven environment?
I am proud to be working with one of the world's most influential dance education and training organisations. Their members are a worldwide community of people connected through their passion for dance.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Membership Operations manager to create and maintain awareness of the organisation, its products and services; communicating the benefits of those products and services to the global membership with the aim of nurturing and developing a loyal and engaged global community of advocates.
- Manage the operating functions of the Membership Services, ensuring an efficient and exceptional level of customer service is provided to all members
- Manage and optimise the use of the CRM to introduce new processes through evaluation of data and implementation of technology
- Line manage the Membership Officer and Membership Assistant.
- Database Maintenance & Development
- Manage departmental use of the in-house CRM database, ensuring that all data is accurate and compliant with GDPR, and that the systems function appropriately
- Regularly analyse data to provide statistics to support membership recruitment, retention and development
- Prepare training materials and deliver training to Membership colleagues
- Membership Renewal
- Manage the renewal process including the distribution of renewal communications, membership cards and the Lapsed Members' Project
- Manage the data collection and generation process for the Direct Debit scheme
- Contribute to the development of materials and strategies to develop member's understanding of the value of membership to support and improve retention
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of processes, making and implementing recommendations where possible
- Membership Services
- Manage all Membership administration and operations, including responding to member enquiries
- Liaise and support colleagues in overseas offices and other internal departments on membership matters
- Drive forward recruitment and retention initiatives including liaising with colleagues in overseas offices to understand the local market dynamics
- Manage the formal membership complaints procedure, including Appeals and Disciplinary action, seeking guidance up the chain when necessary
- Manage all membership mailings, liaising with third parties where required
- Manage the administration of memberships for honorary members, Trustees, including membership titles and certificates
- Provide content for the website, publications and e-newsletters, and carry out proofread/edits
- Provide management support and clear guidance to direct reports, ensuring that workloads are reasonable, and that targets and deadlines are met
- Undertake annual staff appraisals for direct reports and provide regular feedback about performance
- Attend one-to-one meetings with the Head of Global Membership Services and hold regular one-to-one meetings with direct reports
- In collaboration with the Head of Global Membership Services and the Global Membership Services Manager, input and monitor the membership budget.
- Provide information relating to the membership database and statistics to other departments, as necessary
- Manage the implementation and ongoing monitoring of GDPR processes and procedures for the department
- Represent the membership team at various internal operational meetings/committees or external meetings
- Some domestic and international travel will be required.
Experience, knowledge and skills;
- Experience of working in a membership/customer focused role, ideally in a target driven environment.
- Substantial experience of using a CRM system (preferably Microsoft Dynamics) and of developing good practice in line with GDPR requirements to interrogate data, carry out audits, and create reports
- Team leadership experience, including supporting and developing staff
- Experience of financial and budgetary processes
- Experience of customer service delivery to enhance membership experience to maximise audience engagement and profit
- Working knowledge of data protection legislation (GDPR) and how it relates to the storage, retention and use of personal and sensitive data
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate information in a clear and intelligible manner
- Proactive in managing complex professional issues, using a solution focused approach
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to suggest to service improvements for implementation
- Ability to manage a team, using a coaching approach to support staff development
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines, with an independent self-motivated approach to work
If you feel this could be the next role for you, please submit your CV today!
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.