JOB TITLE: Membership and Education Assistant
WORKING HOURS: 9am-5pm (35 hours per week)
We have a new and exciting opportunity to work within a specialist trade body and membership organisation. This organisation is solely dedicated to promoting the interests of the whole industry and works closely with over 1000 members.
What is the main purpose and aims of this role?
- To support the education and membership activities through excellent customer service towards members and students and by coordinating events in an organised and professional manner:
- To be the key liaison point for matters related to education and Institute membership
- To organise branch events and manage the member life cycle for the Institute
- To provide admin support to the education programme, coordinating exams, training courses and maintaining records and producing management reports and analysis
- To be the Secretary to the Institute and Education committees - arranging the meetings, producing papers, making note of the key points throughout the meeting and managing action list thereafter.
What would my responsibilities be?
- Be the first point of contact to answer phone calls and general emails providing timely, professional customer service at all times
- Working as part of a small team, assist in the delivery of major events throughout the year
- Maintain and develop the membership database
- Produce and distribute annual membership cards, crest and certificate, monitor all course work activity and convey results to new and renewing members
- To manage the annual renewals process
- Responsible for updating and developing the Institute section of the website
- Act as the Head Office point of contact for the membership Branch Chairmen
- Maintain the procedural manual for Institute activity and have oversight of the regional activities
- Organise and attend Executive and Education committee meetings and take minutes
- Organise classroom training and in-house training courses
- Organising examination venues in the UK and overseas
- Preparation of online surveys
What Key Skills do I need?
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience using CRM software
- Be customer service orientated
- Strong attention to detail
- Organised and able to work to strict deadlines
- Takes ownership of role and builds a strong rapport with members and students
- Solid communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrates initiative
- Enthusiasm and energy for getting the job done
What experience do I need to be successful in this post?
Candidates applying should have experience of using CRM databases and contacting members/customers by email and telephone. As well as having confident customer service skills, this role requires strong administrative skills as data entry on their systems must be accurate and regularly maintained.
As you will be part of a small team your role is vital towards ensuring the smooth running of the day to day business. Within this varied role you will also have the support to learn and develop your skills.
Ideally, we are looking for individuals who have at least 1-2 year's experience in a membership or education environment but we will consider applications from those with strong customer service and admin experience as well as right attitude and skills to grow within the role. If you feel you have the right skills and experience and are looking for a new opportunity, please apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.