Marketing Manager - c£40K - West End / City - Permanent
We are delighted to represent the Executive Director of this leading and innovative brand within the membership world as they look for the final hire for their new team. This is an exciting role where you will have responsibility for creating and managing effective marketing and communications campaigns to recruit new / retain existing members, create and shape brand awareness strategies and raise awareness of the profession that the represent as well as delivering an attraction strategy for their educational arm.
The team are relatively new and are being led by a people driven leader who is passionate about their team, their well being and personal development. An impressive ten year plan to expand the business nationally and then globally is in place and you will bring your understanding of marketing within the membership sector to the table and help them drive this exciting project forward.
What will you be responsible for?
You will be responsible for the line management of two Marketing Executives and work closely with them to ontribute to the development of the overall strategic marketing and communications plan and lead on its tactical implementation. You will take the lead on Marketing and communications plans, and be confident using data, analytics and insights to inform your decision making process. You will need to be a strong colloborator and work closely with your colleagues in Marketing as well as ensuring that you and your team have an excellent reputation internally for customer service and shaping tactical activities. A good working knowledge of digital marketing is key as you will work closely with the digital team to ensure that online campaigns are a success.
Copy, design, content and print knowledge and expertise are key and you will be confident writing clear and compelling copy for audio-visual, electronic and print materials as well as merchandise. You will be confident working closely with a media agency to produce press releases, respond to media enquiries, prepare statements, put together media materials and organise press events. Research will also play a key part in your role and you will conduct market and audience research including customer profiling.
What will you need to do the job well?
· You will have a well developed knowledge of the full marketing mix, channels, tools and techniques
· Strong people management skills and a demonstrable professional interest in being a line manager, leader and role model. Ability to inspire others by engaging them in the organisation's vision and supporting them through periods of change
· Sound commercial awareness and deft at spotting opportunities, thinking strategically and creatively, and meeting targets. Able to evaluate and make the right decisions about how to invest the organisation's resources
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong stakeholder management skills
· Excellent project and campaign management skills
· Highly effective writing, editing and proofreading skills: With the ability to identify and tailor key messages, write compelling copy, and adapt the tone and style of writing for range of channels and audiences
· Sound research and analysis: Adept at analysing external and internal data on markets, trends, competitors, members, prospects and the impact of campaigns
· Drive and determination: To achieve success, with strong professional pride and commitment to driving campaigns and activities forward to meet and exceed goals
· Good understanding of digital marketing channels and tools: With knowledge and experience of using websites, CMS and CRM systems, Google Analytics, SEO, PPC, email and social media
What qualifications will you need to get the best out of this role?
· Educated to degree level or equivalent
· Experience of leading a marketing team, ideally in the context of multiple brands and in the not-for-profit sector
· Broad multi-channel marketing and communications knowledge including experience of print, digital, brand management and events
· Proven track record of successful project and campaign management with experience of using databases, manipulating data for campaigns and delivering to deadlines
· Proven experience of copywriting, editing and proofreading for a range of audiences
· Experience of working with and effectively managing multiple stakeholder relationships
· Demonstrable track record of spotting business opportunities and driving improvement
· Professional marketing qualification or working towards (CIM or similar)
· Experience of working in a membership organisation
· Experience of marketing to a global audience
· Successful experience of line managing teams through periods of change
The role is based in lovely open plan offices near Chancery Lane, London, and will require occasional travel (mostly in the UK) to attend events and client meetings
What can our client offer you?
· A fantastic pension scheme, life assurance, Interest free season ticket loan · Perkbox benefits, 25days holiday 3 for Christmas closure, Flexible working, Career development and a warm friendly culture where you will thrive!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.