Type - Temporary
Duration - 3 months
Pay - £13.17ph
Location - remote
Hours - 35hrs
Our client is leading charity which encourages people all ages and walks of life to stay active. They are looking for an experienced membership assistant to be first line of support for enquiries, whilst building and maintaining relationships worth members
- Listen and respond to the needs of each supporter, considering and understanding their personal experiences and motivations while conveying information in an appropriate and empathetic manner.
- Acknowledge and thank all donations, subscriptions, and other payments, in an appropriate, proactive and timely manner with, where appropriate, tailored and personalised responses.
- Investigate and research any problems, issues or complaints, liaising with other departments where necessary to reach a resolve, ensuring the supporter is kept up to date throughout.
- Actively maintain an understanding of different projects (campaigns, fundraising etc), to ensure the best quality of supporter care is given.
- Act as an ambassador for supporters and members across the organisation, sharing your unique insight with colleagues.
- Update the CRM database by logging all interactions, with a high level of accuracy, in line with the charity's processes and procedures and data protection legislation. Use this information to create and develop relationships with existing and potential supporters.
- Respond to high volumes and a diverse range of enquiries, via multiple communications channels (including phone, email and post) in an appropriate, proactive and timely manner.
- Comply with all processes and procedures in line with the charity's policy, data protection & Gift Aid legislation
- Handle and process a range of payments, including cash, cheques, credit/debit cards and Direct Debits. Maintain database integrity.
- Support and steward key volunteers such as Membership Secretaries, providing training and guidance where needed.
- Manage feedback and complaints, in line with procedures set, and where possible turning complaints around.
- Input into new digital product development (including website and mobile) to ensure members get additional value out of their membership and to support volunteers in recruiting and retaining members.
- Manage office volunteers, ensuring they feel valued and supported to carry out their tasks effectively.
What the client is looking for:
- A high standard of organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- An ability to maintain high levels of accuracy at all times.
- Ability to adapt style, tone and content to provide a tailored service to supporters.
- Ability to show initiative and determination to investigate and solve complex enquiries.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills enabling you to plan and prioritise incoming workloads to SLAs set.
- A proven experience of working in a busy customer/supporter service environment.
- A team player, able to develop collaborative, strong and effective working relationships.
- Experience in working with volunteers, preferably in a multi-site or GB-wide context
- Database experience
- Interest in walking and/or being an advocate for the outdoors and natural environment.
- Experience in using multiple systems such as customer care ticket systems (like Zendesk), CRM database and telephone management systems.
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.