Membership Development Executive - up to £34K, SW London
This highly respected Chartered Institute which provides training, research, professional development, education, advocacy and support to its members is growing it's membership team following an organic promotion. The development team sit within the Membership directorate and work closely with engagement and marketing.
This is a business development/ account management role with the key objectives to recruit and actively convert new and retain existing members. You will have the opportunity to represent this organisation to external audiences, in particular the regions, companies, Colleges and Universities informing them of the benefits and value of membership. You will be part of a crucial function and will be engaging with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the Membership Development Strategy and growth is at the forefront of the Institution's activities.
- Play a key role in developing and delivering the team's annual programme of membership briefing/workshop sessions (presentations via PowerPoint) in the UK/Ireland regions and identify opportunities for upgrading existing and new members into other grades of membership.
- Deliver membership briefings/workshops via Webinar for UK and overseas markets.
- Systematically and regularly follow up, engage and convert leads into membership via phone campaigns and email. Contribute to membership marketing and research campaigns.
- Provide information and guidance to prospective members and enquirers by telephone and email.
- Promote the routes to professional registration (EngTech, IEng, CEng) to existing non-registrants and non-members.
- Promote Fellowship to existing members who may be eligible to upgrade.
- Visit colleges and universities, promoting student membership as well as corporate grades.
- Maintain and develop overall team relationships with colleges and universities with the intention to establish key contacts and generate leads into entry and corporate grades of membership.
- Proactively seek opportunities to promote and recruit new members through contact with key employers in the industry, and conduct company presentations.
- Generate leads from existing employer relationships and convert them into membership
- Recruit new members and identify further recruitment opportunities through attendance of relevant events, exhibitions, Societies, Group and Regional meetings and training events.
- Work with the marketing department to develop and implement recruitment and retention campaigns and promoting the benefits of membership particularly focusing on regional campaigns.
- Develop and provide clear, consistent messages and guidance information on the benefits and routes to membership to disseminate through a variety of mediums and events and exhibitions as well as universities/colleges and through social media platforms.
- Update and maintain the membership pages of the website and regularly contribute to the Journal and E-News promoting regional membership activities.
- Record all activity on the CRM database including inputting potential members' information. Selecting members who are likely to upgrade and monitor existing member data for follow up actions and to produce statistics and progress reports on membership growth and retention.
- Record and monitor the results of recruitment and retention activities to provide progress against targets.
To enjoy and be successful in this role you will need to be a confident communicator in all mediums, willing and comfortable creating and delivering presentations. You will drive your own research and create sales opportunities and experience of generating leads is key. You will be a high energy individual who thrives on activity, meeting new people and who has a systematic, results focused approach to work.
You will have a chance to get creative also and a good working knowledge of MS Office, CRM and web content management will help you with this. You will have a chance to travel around the UK and Ireland with TOIL available for evening events.
A development role with a creative bias and lots of travel is unusual within membership and one that offers a great team, strong inter-department support network and highly experienced leadership!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.