Job Role: Membership Development Officer - London & South East England
Location: Central London (or Home Based)
Hunter Merrifield are delighted to being working with an international membership organisation that promotes and advances civil engineering around the world. Our client are a qualifying body, a centre for the exchange of specialist knowledge, and a provider of resources to encourage innovation and excellence in the profession worldwide.
Our client are looking for a Membership Development Officer who can cover the London & South East England regions with the flexibility of working from home or in the London office. The focus of the Membership Development Officer (MDO) role is to provide support and guidance to aspiring and current members.
· Meeting potential members in groups or individually and explaining the various routes to help them get professionally qualified at the appropriate level.
· Advising current members on how to progress their professional qualifications.
· Meeting with a broad spectrum of Civil Engineering related employer organisations and educational establishments.
What will my responsibilities be in this role?
- Membership development and growth - actively seeking and implementing initiatives to develop our membership base and undertaking activities to promote and grow membership.
- Membership support - providing advice and guidance to members and non-members.
- Employer support - providing advice and guidance to employers on professional development
- Educational establishments- developing links with colleges and universities.
What Key Skills do I need?
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare and deliver presentations. You will be comfortable in dealing with people on a personal and a group basis. You must also have a good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
What experience do I need to be successful in this post?
§ You will have previous experience in liaising with a wide audience of people, along with the ability to engage and relate to members of the engineering and education professions.
§ Attention to detail and the ability to turn technical material into non-technical outputs are essential, as is the ability to target and engage a diverse range of audiences.
§ The ability to work alone and as part of a multi-functional team, while managing a number of tasks effectively.
If your experience matches what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you… Please apply within!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.