Internal Communications and Engagement Officer (3-6 months)
We have an exciting opportunity to work for a renowned organisation at the heart of public policy for London. This role is supporting the Employee Engagement Manager in developing the organisation's strategy for employee engagement and managing its implementation.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, self-starter who is used to working independently on key projects. You will have experience using Drupal or a similar CMS and Adobe Photoshop or a similar photo editing program.
This is an exciting and highly varied role in a fast-paced, high-performance environment.
This role will be paid hourly, based on an annual salary of £30,000. We are looking to fill this position urgently and will arrange interviews as we shortlist candidates.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Plan, edit and produce the weekly staff e-newsletter. This involves planning content, liaising with and interviewing colleagues to source content, writing and editing articles, taking photos, filming and editing videos and producing the layout.
- Develop and manage the intranet platform, training and supporting staff across the organisation to create content and use it as a tool to share and communicate their information with colleagues. This involves planning, writing and editing content for the intranet, keeping an overview of the entire site's content and managing and promoting content on the homepage.
- Coordinate the staff Social Committee to organise regular large social events for staff, and collaborate with staff on event themes and ideas. This involves engaging and coordinating staff volunteers (Social Committee members) to deliver regular social events.
- Facilitate all-staff emails and the production of visual communications (e.g. posters).
- Provide support to the Employee Engagement Manager on developing a flexible, motivated and responsive workforce, liaising with organisational development colleagues.
- Liaise with colleagues at all levels within the organisation as well as external parties to facilitate effective communications. This includes promoting news externally, external news within the organisation and acting as a key contact for all types of internal communications queries.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Knowledge of and experience in using a variety of media (including social media tools) to produce attractive and engaging communications.
- experience of writing and editing articles and internal publications
- experience of writing for digital communications and providing advice and support to staff to write content
- a proven track record of organising staff events and presentations and engaging and coordinating volunteers
- experience of providing training/skills sharing to users
- producing poster and publication layouts using Desk Top Publishing packages
- Evidence of using innovation and creativity and understanding of current communications best practice to disseminate information and engage people.
- Ability to use a range of standard and specificICT systems, including
- Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Photoshop (or similar photo editing)
- Drupal (or similar Content Management Systems)
- Video filming and editing (Flipcam, iMovie or similar)
- Competence in photography, filming, and video editing would be desirable.
If you feel you have the relevant skills an experience needed for this post, please apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.