South West London
We are very excited to be working with one of the UK's leading chartered bodies. With more than 40 years supporting its members, they are responsible for providing best practice in this industry and work closely with policy makers.
This is a new role within the membership department responsible for delivering consistently high levels of customer service and support for our range of volunteer membership groupings within the organisation. The role will focus on implementing operational change using our new CRM system to deliver measurable improvements, particularly focusing on driving engagement as well as membership growth. The role will also manage and support the regions with the aim of improving member engagement specifically within the regions and recognising volunteer effort.
What will I be responsible for as part of this role?
Society and Groups
- Responsible for the strategic development of Special Interest Groups and Societies and for delivering measureable improvements to the regular activities and events of the Groups and Societies as well as contributing to the conversion of non members into Membership/society membership.
- Identify opportunities and new initiatives to maximise membership growth and engagement. Prioritising development opportunities and initiatives where appropriate for implementation. Working alongside the membership development manager to coordinate opportunities within the team.
Regions, Chapters & Networks
- Manage the regional grant process on an annual basis. Working with the Treasurer and Director of Membership to confirm final grant allocation to UK and International regions.
- Attend regional committee meetings during the year to maintain good relationships with regional committees in the UK and Internationally.
- Produce and analyse regional statistics for presentation.
- Line Management of Membership Services Cooridnator. Overseeing the day to day work. coaching, training and conducting appraisals.
- Work with the Director of Membership to compile the annual budget for the membership department forecasting income and expenditure particularly forecasting membership growth.
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Membership Department with tasks which may include:
- Reminding members to pay their annual subscription fees
- Updating the database
- Processing applications
- Responding to emails
- Collating literature for use at events
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Director of Membership.
This role may involve travel across the UK or internationally and work outside of standard office hours in order to attend events and committee meetings.
What key skills and experience will I need to ensure that I succeed?
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of implementing operational change to deliver measurable improvements ideally within a membership body.
- Experience of working in an international membership organisation
- Awareness of the Engineering Council or another professional registration body
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment, dealing promptly and effectively with inquiries with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written skills.
- Experience in delivering presentations at committee meetings and/or at events to promote membership.
- Good working knowledge of PC software, Microsoft Office, Salesforce CRM.
- Experience of working with committees and volunteer members.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with good personal organisation and time management skills.
For an informal conversation please contact Francesca Lord @ Hunter Merrifield on 0207 759 7929
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.