London £30kpa Permanent
Hunter Merrifield are very excited to be working with a renowned professional body The Institute of Physics. Our client is looking to recruit a Student Engagement Officer to join their vibrant and energetic team.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, articulate and confident to deliver presentations to a room full of undergraduate students!
The main focus of this role is to engage with IOP student members with the full range of benefits and services available to them, and to support the marketing team in recruitment and retention campaigns. The role will also support the IOP's efforts to recruit and engage members on scientific apprenticeship schemes.
- delivering value to our members
- encouraging members to participate in IOP activities
- development of a digital engagement strategy and plan with the Head of Membership
- attracting, recruiting and retaining members at all stages of their career, from students, apprentices to the retired
- development and provision of relevant member services and benefits;
- provision of careers advice and CPD for members at university and beyond;
- engaging with student affiliated societies.
This role makes a vital contribution to developing and delivering services to the new generation of members who are currently in university or on apprenticeship schemes.
The post-holder will work to manage student engagement with the IOP by supervising student ambassadors on campus in partnership with the IOP's marketing team, liaising and managing the IOP's relationship with university student affiliated societies and continuing to develop the student engagement programme, along with working closely with the Member Development Manager on the student offer.
The role will also help to recruit and engage with scientific apprentices, by providing cross-organisational support for the marketing and delivery of a value-based offer to ensure that trainees and apprentices receive relevant careers information, and have opportunities to engage as part of the physics community. Additionally, the post-holder will support the recruitment and retention of students with the marketing team, and oversee the governance of the IOP's student activity by building relations with our university student members, and through the International team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The below are the skills, qualifications, membership requirements and experiences that are necessary for full and effective performance of this role.
- Working with volunteers - the ability to develop rapport and respond to their particular needs
- Flexibility - the ability to adapt a plan of work on an hourly, daily or weekly basis to respond changing circumstances
- Team player - the ability to work co-operatively with others to achieve common goals
- Influencing skills - the ability to bring others to your way of thinking diplomatically
- Proactive - to think ahead and act to ensure the smooth completion of team/individual aims and objectives
- Dependable - able to complete tasks to high standard and to deadline
- Organisational skills - ability to work with minimum supervision, prioritise workload, and handle multiple tasks
- Interpersonal skills - ability to positively communicate with others; the confidence to listen and understand
- Decision making - the ability to take responsibility to make decisions without having to constantly seek advice from others
- Communication skills - ability to express information clearly and effectively in written and oral form
- Computer literate - good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent - essential
- A first degree in physics (or a closely related discipline) or equivalent experience/understanding of the student experience and landscape - desirable
- Proven experience of engaging with students/working in student outreach and/or demonstrating a good understanding of the scientific apprenticeship route
- Experience of working in a membership organisation and/or with volunteers
- Proven experience of managing relationships with strategic partner organisations
- Proven ability to present information/provide public talks
- An ability to deal tactfully with a wide range of people
- Experience of administration and the successful management of multiple projects
The behaviours that must be demonstrated in the job
- Drive for results - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals successfully
- Managing and measuring work - Takes responsibility for tasks and decisions
Personal learning - Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and where applicable managerial behaviour quickly
- Customer focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external members/customers/partners
- Functional/technical skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.