I have an exciting opportunity, working with a leading government body as an interim Policy and Research specialist. This role is for a period of 3 months with the possibility of extension. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of key policy and political issues affecting London and London government. In this role, you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team to provide high-quality research and policy support to the organisation's scrutiny committees.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Support committees to hold the Mayor to account and carry out effective investigations into issues of importance to Londoners:
- Provide high quality research and analysis in support of Assembly investigations.
- Produce accurate, timely and effective briefings, reports and presentations for Assembly Members and senior colleagues.
- Obtain views and information from a wide and representative range of people and organisations as is possible and appropriate in order to inform the Assembly's investigations.
- Where appropriate, procure and manage external contractors to deliver technical work in support of investigations.
- Draft reports for agreement and publication by committees.
- Work with the Scrutiny Team Manager / Scrutiny Manager and Chair of the Committee to facilitate, where possible, the unanimous agreement of Committee reports and recommendations and find creative and effective solutions where consensus is not possible.
- Help to monitor the implementation and impact of the organisation's recommendations.
- Work creatively with external relations colleagues to raise the profile of the organisation, its committees, and work.
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Broad understanding of key policy and political issues affecting London and London government
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this post, please apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.