Interim Membership Marketing Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing specialist from a Membership background to working with a leading Chartered Institute for a period of 1- 2 months. The successful candidate will be responsible for Copy development and supporting the review of the renewals process.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Comparator organisations desk research - look at similar organisations based overseas and compare offering, pricing, benefits package etc against the organisation's prospective offering
- Copy development
- Student recruitment:
- create messages and adapt accordingly depending on materials/format: i.e. student/HEI packs, UCAS email, student bulletin, welcome collateral
- Member benefits:
- build on headline copy to create long-tail messages for Students, Associates and Full members (bullet points, paragraphs, headlines)
- support creation of a script for animation/video to promote member benefits
- develop copy for a member/new joiner handbook (working across directorates/teams)
- Renewals - support the review of the renewals process; refresh, rewrite and develop messages, across the relevant channels, for the entire process
- General administration (including logging merchandise requests and insight projects; fielding queries, raising POs)
What experience do I need to be successful in this post?
- Experience of working within a marketing, communications or R&R environment,
ideally within a membership organisation or charity (must understand marketing principles)
- Ideally a qualification in marketing (though not essential)
- Excellent copywriting (vital; from email copy to campaign messages on leaflets and web - must be able to put the audience at the forefront and balance this with the existing brand/house style)
- Strong and confident communicator - both oral and written skills
- Adept at briefing and working with creative teams/designers (internal and external)
- Able to liaise with colleagues across different departments
- Core administrative skills (raising POs/invoicing), as well as multi-tasking, prioritising
- IT Proficient including:
- Microsoft packages particularly excel, word
- Digital channels (ideally MailChimp or equivalent bulk email systems; SurveyMonkey)
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.