The role of the Senior Manager Supporter Acquisition is to develop, grow and manage the UK supporter recruitment programme, by recruiting supporters who yield the best lifetime value which includes lifetime and legacy gifts whilst developing and implementing effective welcome strategies for all new supporters within their first 12 months of giving to achieve/surpass our retention and income targets.
The role will manage a team (of circa 4 people) to acquire individual supporters, as part of the engagement strategy.
Main accountabilities of the post
1. Work with Head of Individual Giving to recruit, develop and manage a highly effective team to achieve stretch goals, managing team performance on an ongoing basis, rewarding success and acting on under-performance.
2. With the Head of Individual Giving, work to deliver the Individual Giving aspect of the engagement strategy with accountability for operationalizing the supporter acquisition (via direct marketing) strands.
3. Design and implement strategies for meeting supporter acquisition growth targets, and monitor and report on achievement. To take an entrepreneurial approach to developing new and innovative approaches when appropriate.
4. Implement and further develop the 5 -year plan to acquire supporters with best LTV (largely through direct marketing channels) at the target CPA.
5. Manage a budget to achieve the required ROI, year on year, taking remedial action as required.
6. Work with colleagues in other fundraising teams to ensure that supporters with best LTV are acquired in a joined- up way across DM, events and community channels.
7. Jointly accountable with the Senior Manager Supporter Development and Retention for the delivery of a quality inclusive and accessible supporter journey experience for
supporters and prospects, demonstrated through increased retention rates, lifetime value (LTV) and overall return on investment (ROI).
8. Work closely with the Insights team to ensure data analysis is at the heart of the team's work and a shared understanding of supporter audiences is nurtured and developed into clearly targeted and focused communications and fundraising approaches.
9. Ensure GDPR compliance across all direct marketing activity.
10. Manage relationships with agencies to achieve goals
11. Ensure that all activity helps to build the brand and is at all times brand compliant.
12. Monitor and evaluate all activity, seeking constant improvement.
Attend in-house and relevant external training courses, as agreed with line manager.
Practise and comply with all current policies and procedures.
Ensure GDPR compliance across all direct marketing activity.
Ensure that all activity helps to build the brand and is at all times brand compliant.
Engage actively with our volunteers as appropriate and within the scope of the post.
Promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all work and ensure community engagement information is communicated in plain English and meets accessibility requirements.
Undertake any reasonable tasks from time to time at the line manager's request, as may be deemed appropriate within the scope of the post.
The post holder will use high level interpersonal and communication skills on a regular basis to influence decision making by others, this will include colleagues across the organisation, partners, supporters and potential supporters.
The post holder will work with Senior Staff, internal and external stakeholders, including the charity's partners.
Work with the Director, Heads of Department and managers to establish an engagement function that others across the organisation want to work with and receive professional assistance from.
1. The post operates within a busy department in a fast -moving Charity where effective matrix management and teamwork across divisions is pivotal. Primarily office based in London but given the nature of this role, the job holder may be required to travel within the UK on a regular basis.
2. Working remote from Head Office and managing a geographically dispersed team.
3. Setting and working to challenging targets with conflicting demands requiring prioritisation.
4. Managing a diverse team of professionals through a period of change.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.