London, 10 month FTC £45,973
We are delighted to be working with an innovative and dynamic chartered society. Founded in 1894, this membership body has grown to become the largest in its profession, representing members within the healthcare sector.
They are looking to appoint an experienced Membership Marketing Manager for a fixed term maternity cover, to come in and hit the ground running and continuing to deliver on the departments success.
You will be an essential part of the society structure and responsible for the day to day activities relating to recruitment and retention of members.
What will your day be like?
- Manage the directorate's day-to-day contribution to the delivery of the recruitment and retention plan, working to agreed targets.
- Manage and evaluate the member insight work stream, planning a schedule of member insight collection activity and supporting the marketing officer in running these projects.
- Contribute to the development of the recruitment and retention plan and member engagement plan. Report on progress against the agreed plans throughout the year.
- Provide marketing advice to colleagues to inform recruitment and retention-focused planning and decision-making.
- Ensure member profile data collection activities are optimised and scheduled to maximise the quality and usefulness of our membership data.
- Promote the value of the membership and increase the uptake of prioritised member benefits by reviewing current promotional material, co-ordinating messaging and leading on the development and deployment of promotional content and communications (digital/print/merchandise).
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the member engagement model.
- Contribute to the promotion of the organisation by reviewing the effectiveness of the current material, working with colleagues and stakeholders to co-ordinate our messaging, and leading on the development and deployment of promotional content.
- Line manage the marketing officer, ensuring that they are supported, developed, empowered and encouraged to fulfil their role successfully.
- Act as holder of the recruitment and retention campaigns budget, managing and reporting on expenditure.
- Maintain and contribute a high level of knowledge of best practice and continue to develop personal skills as they relate to the role
What are the requirements you will have be considered for this role?
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent through experience
- Experience of managing membership recruitment, retention and engagement or a closely-related discipline
- Experience of line management
- Experience of membership organisations
- A relevant marketing qualification
- Skills and Knowledge
- Able to develop and manage operational plans that help deliver a corporate strategy
- Well organised and able to manage a detailed programme of work with multiple stakeholders
- Able to use a range of appropriate methods to gather insight about our members, to analyse data and to produce clear reports for staff and managers
- Having knowledge of relevant marketing best practice and the ability to advise colleagues on its implementation
- Able to communicate and influence effectively, whether that be in writing (print and digital), face to face, or giving presentations
- Able to work productively alone or as part of a team, to deliver innovative and practical outcomes, against agreed targets
- Able to forecast and manage expenditure accurately against a programme budget
- Having intermediate level skills in the following Microsoft applications: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to support, develop, empower and motivate staff
- Having knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities principles and the ability to work to them in practice
- Able to ensure that data is accurate and up to date, whilst being aware of sensitive and confidential data
- Aware of UK health and social care sector issues and developments.
- Committed to learning and developing the role
- Committed towards trade union principles
- Willing to travel occasionally on behalf of the society and to stay away from your base overnight
If you would like to know more for an informal chat, please contact Hunter Merrifield on 0207 759 7929 or apply online.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.