12 month contract
We are working with a leading learned society in the STEM space, to hire a Membership and Marketing Manager for a 12-month maternity cover. The successful candidate will help to develop and deliver the membership and marketing activities for the Society to ensure the delivery of the Society's strategic objectives relating to membership, grants, and marketing.
The role will focus on the recruitment and retention of members with the aim of driving forward membership growth, grant uptake and building the Society's brand to raise its profile.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Operate as the internal 'go to' member of staff for all membership queries and expert user of the membership CRM system with the ability to generate membership reports, interaction and statistics
- Ensure regular feedback from members of the value of their membership and associated benefits via surveys, social media and telephone campaigns throughout the membership renewal cycle
- Update, innovate and implement the membership recruitment and retention plans plus the lapsed member strategy.
- Research new membership targets, relevant membership categories and suitable benefits
- Maintain and develop membership advocacy programmes such as the Ambassador programme and University Contacts network
- Provide up-to-date statistics, information and papers for the management reports
- Provide administrative assistance at committee meetings by taking minutes.
- Ensure all member queries are dealt with and resolved in an efficient manner
- To act as the guardian for the brand and ensure compliance with the agreed brand elements within all communications
- To oversee all marketing activity, including the website and social media channels
- Develop promotional plans to raise the profile of membership and grants initiatives
- Manage/ Implement marketing and communication plans for Annual Conference and other events including:
✓ liaising with designers to produce all marketing collateral events
✓ manage poster and postcard mail-outs for promoting the annual meeting
✓ identifying avenues for promoting events
What experience do I need to be successful in this role?
- At least three years' experience in a membership role
- Strong budget management skills; proven ability to maintain budgets ensuring accurate record keeping across all projects
- Excellent administration skills (including proven ability to take accurate and informative meeting minutes.) * Ability to build sound and diplomatic working relationships with others and in particular the ability to liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- General organizational marketing experience
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please apply within!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.