Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
We have a very exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading science and education charities to work as Marketing Manager for a period of 9-12 months. This is organisation is going through a dynamic period of change and is the ideal candidate will embrace this opportunity to drive forward the marketing activities. To be successful in this post, you will need to have a data-driven, analytical approach to your work and feel comfortable with a focus on digital engagement.
The salary for this position is circa £40,000.
What will my primary responsibilities be?
- Lead and deliver a particular focus on the recruitment and participation of members in key target areas, particularly undergraduates, postgraduates and members in business and industry
- Champion digital development and innovation across the organisation, and oversee email marketing, search and display advertising in line with the overall digital strategy.
- Provide leadership and coordination of the marketing activities by providing advice, tools, and techniques to teams across the organisation that can be used in the design and delivery of projects
- Develop and embed cross organisational marketing processes, tracking progress and monitoring quality by making sure the developing CRM system and digital marketing tools are used to maximum effect
- Analyse data from the marketing process and make adjustments accordingly including input to approaches to achieve the organisations strategic aims such as the digital strategy, the new building, and gallery.
- Provide leadership for the marketing by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, competencies, and values are developed in order to meet and exceed the goals of the marketing plan.
- Assume overall responsibility for developing the annual marketing plan for the organisation; for strategic market planning; market research programmes; and control of the marketing budget
- Prepare targeted marketing plans in cooperation with relevant project teams and implement digital marketing campaigns.
- Establish a system of reports and communications for all information from the marketing team to other teams.
- Review strategy and promotion programmes with Heads of departments and/or project owners on a regular basis
- Line management of Marketing Officer
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Significant experience in marketing to drive organisation profile and user engagement
- Experience of working within the not for profit sector
- Experienced in compliance with data protection law
- Experienced with using integrated CRM systems to ensure maximum value from the sharing of data
- A degree or professional qualification in marketing or related area
- Expertise in digital marketing, in particular, social media, website optimisation, and email marketing
- Excellent copywriting skills and experience of creating copy for a wide range of audiences
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.