18 months FTC
We have an exciting opportunity as an Internal Communications and Engagement Manager, working for a renowned organisation at the heart of public policy for London. This is a unique opportunity to effect a tangible change for a dynamic and diverse workforce. In this key corporate role, you will help develop and implement an employee engagement strategy to support the leadership team in shaping the culture of this organisation. You will also oversee all internal communications making sure staff are engaged and informed, and that their voice helps to inform decision making and organisational change.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in internal communications or staff engagement role, and a proven track record of managing varied online and offline channels, in a similarly high-profile role.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Develop and implement an internal communications strategy, utilising the full range of communication channels including print, electronic, video, and face-to-face.
- Provide overall editorial control and sign-off of all internal communications materials, taking into consideration political and media sensitivities within and outside the organisation.
- Advise senior managers, internal clients and stakeholders on communication and staff engagement related issues, plans and programmes
- Oversee the development and delivery of processes, interventions, and systems to support employee engagement, delivering employee engagement surveys, analysis and action planning.
- Line manage the Internal Communications Officer, supervising work and providing ongoing guidance and support
- Work with the Chief Officer and Directors to coordinate leadership communication and staff engagement including Mayoral announcements, briefings, corporate cascade messages, and Senior Management Team meetings.
- Support communicators from across the organisation, to work collaboratively and deliver corporate programmes.
- Chairing regular meetings and developing joint work programmes
- Composing key messages and formal updates, coordinating input from all group members on campaigns, and reporting back on progress made.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of internal communications, feeding back guidance into the wider HR&OD team and SMT.
- Provide specific communication initiatives to facilitate change programmes for the Authority's approach for example accommodation strategy, digital transformation, and leadership communication.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- A proven track record of managing and delivering internal communications gained through significant experience in a comparable role in a high profile organisation.
- Significant experience in a staff engagement role, implementing programmes and facilitating cultural change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to use a variety of media to produce attractive and engaging communications.
- Judgement and confidence in communicating messages to varied audiences, media, and political awareness.
- Knowledge of content management systems and intranet best practice.
If you have experience facilitating company-wide culture change and are looking for an opportunity to use your skills to create positive change, get in touch today.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.