Kings Cross, London
£35k-£38k (pro rata)
Fixed term contract until Dec 2019.
I am working with a global membership network and charity at the forefront of the Science community. They run a range of programmes that deliver an impact across education and business and work closely with policymakers to create increased awareness and understanding of the value that physics holds for all of us.
This role is responsible for defining, planning and managing the delivery of cross-organisational projects that deliver expected outcomes and benefits to the Institute and its stakeholders. The job holder will be expected to drive projects forward in coordination with the respective teams and management boards/committees, ensuring successful delivery and an effective handover following project closure.
What would I be doing on a day to day basis?
Project management - 85%
- To apply project management expertise to projects across the organisation, reporting to project boards/committees and senior management as required.
- To specify and deliver project plans, securing stakeholder input and commitment from the early stages of an idea through to submission of a detailed proposal.
- To have delegated responsibility for project budget(s) (as appropriate) and to assist with budget/resource/funding management in accordance with the Institute's policies and procedures.
- To engage with project stakeholders to shape and support delivery of the required outcomes, through the defined governance mechanisms.
- To support project delivery teams by monitoring progress and documenting, resolving or escalating risks and issues as appropriate.
- To work as a collaborative member of teams across the organisation and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
Programme Office support - 15%
- To participate in Programme Office management, including:
- To organise monthly meetings of the Programme Board, including all documentation
- To capture, analyse and present high-quality management information on the delivery of programmes, projects and recurrent activities across the organisation
- To design and produce standard and bespoke reports for relevant boards/committees as required
- To drive use of project management tools and techniques across the organisation
- To support teams in developing proposals for new projects and to monitor their delivery from approval to closure through appropriate tools and reports
What do I need to be successful in this post?
- Proven ability to apply project management principles and techniques to manage a range of complex projects through to completion (desirable).
- Educated to degree level or significant vocational experience (desirable).
- Negotiation skills - the capability to explore different positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that gain acceptance of all parties
- Influencing skills - the ability to bring others to your way of thinking diplomatically
- Organisational skills - ability to work with minimum supervision, prioritise workload, and handle multiple tasks
- Communication skills - the ability to express information clearly and effectively in written and oral form
I am thrilled to be working on this dynamic post, so if you are looking to join a progressive and vibrant organisation, apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.