Interim Governance, Council and Committees Manager (4 months)
£140-£150 per day
We are delighted not be working with an exciting and innovative Science and Education charity to hire a temporary Governance and Committee Manager for a period of 4 months. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall stewardship of the Council and its Committees and will be required to provide an exceptional level of service as well as begin a review of bylaws. We are looking for someone with proven experience in a membership body, who has worked closely with extensive knowledge of legislative and regulatory governance and compliance.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Maintain exceptional knowledge of relevant legislation and the regulatory environment, develop and oversee the systems that ensure compliance
- Ensure that governing documents (Charter, By-Laws and Regulations) are reviewed regularly and updated to ensure compliance with regulatory, legislative and corporate requirements
- Act as Secretariat to the Council and the following committees: Executive Board; Nominations; Senior Officers; Resources and Audit & Risk. This responsibility is administratively supported by the Executive Assistant
- Manage the annual process of election and appointments to Council and its committees, maintain and update lists of committee members, coordinate appointments and advise on expiry of tenure
- Coordinate the timely preparation and dissemination of agendas and papers, ensure that decisions and recommendations from each meeting are correctly recorded and that all actions agreed by Council are undertaken
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Extensive knowledge of legislative and regulatory governance and compliance requirements gained through experience in a similar senior role within the membership sector
- Demonstrable experience of servicing Council/Trustee bodies - overseeing nomination/election processes; organising multiple Council/Trustee Committee meetings during the course of the governance year, producing minutes of those meetings and proactively ensuring all action points are completed as per agreed timelines
- Proven experience of working on a range of simultaneous responsibilities
- Commitment to the delivery of the highest level of governance best practice
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and are looking an opportunity to work with a dynamic and exciting organisation, please apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.