Duration - 4 months
Start - ASAP
Rate - £25.64ph (£50k)
Hours - 37.5 per week
Work pattern - Office based for first few weeks, thereafter WFH 2/3 days a week
Location - South West of London
We are recruiting for a HR Manager on behalf of one of the oldest established Charity's in the UK. They are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to take responsibility of the HR function alongside the Director of HR & Operations Director.
Please note: Due to the nature of this charity, some people may find the environment upsetting.
General responsibilities will include:
- To be responsible for the development, delivery and operation of a high-performance HR function
- To be responsible for and lead on employee relations casework
- To be the first point of contact for employment advice for managers and staff
- To contribute to the implementation of the HR departments strategic goals
- To lead on organisation-wide work and projects as requested
- To provide and receive complex and sensitive information requiring sensitivity, tact and/or persuasive skills
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and staff on employment law and complex employee relations casework including investigations and hearings
- Support managers in leading investigations and hearing panels
- Develop and deliver learning workshops and other training
- Design and produce routine and ad hoc reports using Microsoft Excel on workforce information to support team and organisational needs in a timely manner
- Analyse results of the staff survey, working with senior management team to set priorities and develop actions to improve staff experience
- To understand and analyse information from multiple sources, often including strategic and Chair internal meetings as appropriate
- Represent the HR Department across organisational work streams and projects, working collaboratively and appreciating competing pressures for colleagues
- Be able to travel within the catchment area to all retail outlets when required
- Be able to travel to external meetings when required
- Undertake moving & handling in line with policy and training when required
- Review and write HR policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date and fit for purpose
- To contribute to the budget setting process
- Maintain personal identifiable and sensitive data according to information governance guidance and policy
- To provide advice to managers and staff is guided by UK statute, organisational policy and procedure
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.