Hunter Merrifiled are working exclusively with a professional membership body within the health care sector to appoint an HR Advisor for its Human Resource department.
HR Advisor: 12 months FTC: Hybrid
Salary: £38000 - £40000 plus additional benefits
Purpose of the role - HR Advisor
- To provide pro-active and day-to-day advice to heads of departments and managers on all people-related matters in line with policies and the ACAS code of practice.
- Develop and deliver short bite-sized training sessions on people-related activities for managers including topics such as selection, performance development, early complaints resolution, managing attendance and adjustments.
- To assist the Head of HR and HR Officer in the delivery of HR projects such as modernisation of our people policies and reviewing policies, induction, and performance management process to reflect hybrid working and EDI.
Main responsibilities - HR Advisor
- Meet with managers monthly to review how new starters are settling in, address trends from staff survey feedback and exit interviews, provide early advice to help develop staff performance and personal/career development, good levels of attendance and engagement, build team morale and support managers in undertaking appraisals and staff one to ones.
- Provide day to day advice and guidance to heads of department and managers on all people matters including probations, conduct, attendance (including Occupational Health referrals where needed), performance, pay and workplace adjustment needs.
- Work with the HR Officer to develop and propose to the Head of HR a schedule of people related policies which need developing and updating. Produce first draft policy designs/updates which take account of EDI and Hybrid working model for review and sign off by Head of HR.
- Recommend to Head of HR, develop, and deliver a suite of bit sized master classes for managers around key HR related topics such as recruitment, appraisal related activities, early resolution of staff complaints, supporting good attendance, staff with disabilities. Deliver agreed training plan.
Support Head of HR in the -
- Launch and management of the new staff recognition scheme.
- Delivery of other wellbeing initiatives as needed.
- Analysis of staff pulse and subject matter surveys as needed.
- Delivery of other projects as needed.
Person Specification: HR Advisor
- CIPD level 5 or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working in an HR environment within a membership or professional organisation.
- Proficient user of IRIS or an equivalent HR database for administration, search and reporting purposes.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to managers on the full range of People matters.
- Good working knowledge of employment law and ACAS code of practice
- Experience of developing and updating HR related policies and procedures.
- Previous experience of dealing with external service providers and negotiating and agreeing SLAs.
- Demonstrable empathy with the principles and practice of equality and diversity.
- Experience of coaching others.
- Awareness of external factors and trends affecting people related activities.
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination. It values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation.
For more information on the HR Advisor role, please apply today or contact Hunter Merrifield.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.