To provide a quality and consistent HR service which supports and advises managers to ensure that the HR policies are properly and consistently implemented. To undertake HR projects against commissioned outcomes under Senior HR Adviser. To actively network within the organisation to ensure a productive response in the provision of HR services. To work on sickness absence and to support general casework and recruitment initiatives across departments.
Key areas of responsibility
- Work with Senior HR Advisers to support the development of line management capacity in order to assist them to achieve their business objectives
- Support and enable managers to achieve solutions to management issues within the organisations cultural context.
- Provide advice and coaching on specific day to day HR issues.
- To advise managers and staff on matters across the whole spectrum of human resources, to ensure a consistent approach towards correctly implementing the organisations HR policies.
- To assist and advise in the investigation of disciplinary and grievance cases, maintaining an awareness of current legislation and its application ensuring that policies and procedures are amended accordingly.
- To provide support to managers and staff on redeployment in order to avoid issuing compulsory redundancy where possible.
- To coordinate recruitment campaigns to attract and recruit appropriate candidates at all levels
- To perform a limited counselling role and to deal with personal and telephone enquiries to ensure that staff work problems are resolved.
- To complete statistical returns relating to specific functional areas and provide relevant information for inclusion in management reports to support the HR KPI's.
- To assist and advise in the implementation of organisation and service reviews to ensure that strategic objectives are fulfilled and that the change programmes are embedded within this business.
- To assist in management of change and organisational development projects. To assist in the provision of workshops for managers and staff on HR topics and new initiatives
- To support Head of People on Continuous Improvement initiatives to support the People Strategy and Living Knowledge.
- To monitor specific data i.e. sickness absence, competencies, equalities, conducts and liaises with and advise managers on issues arising. Attend and advise boards and appeals panels on their role and responsibilities.
- To attend meetings with Trade Union representatives as required and provide quality advice to managers in respect of employee relations' issues to support the delivery of an effective service.
- Responsible for undertaking Job Evaluation and advising managers in line with Pay Policy
- Expected to demonstrate a willingness to take on a range of tasks and to develop new skills, as appropriate, in own or other departments/directorates to support the delivery of the organisations services as required by line management
Minimum requirements (essential)
- Working towards a professional qualification (CIPD or equivalent)
- Relevant generalist HR experience
- Experience of providing HR advice and support to managers and other staff
- Experience of working on projects with set outcomes and timescales from an HR perspective
- Ability to work in a fast moving working environment
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and professional HR issues
- Diagnostic skills
- Good interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.