Haywards Heath, West Sussex £48,959
We are excited to be working exclusively with a highly respected trade union within the academic field. Established in 1897, this organisation is the largest association of school leaders in the UK and is the collective voice of academics, school leaders, students and head teachers all working together to create a better education system.
Following an exciting period of change, they are looking to appoint a Head of Membership Retention to ensure their members remain positive and engaged.
The association will welcome candidates who are looking for an adventure and hands-on leadership role. Reporting directly to the Membership Director and leading a team of 4 member support officers. You will be responsible for developing a framework for the team to ensure successful delivery of any day to day challenges and responses to members.
What will your day be like?
- Working in collaboration with the membership services directorate and across the Association and with members, as appropriate, develop & implement the Association's member retention strategy.
- Enable the Association to deliver the strategy through robust cross directorate syndication and engagement, directing and challenging when appropriate to do so.
- Working with other directorates and members, as appropriate, embed the member proposition, reviewing when appropriate whilst ensuring it is signed off through the appropriate committees.
- Work with the whole Association to create engagement to support delivery of the strategy
- Review and own the member categories, constantly ensuring they are fit for purpose and meaningful to members/future members and reflective of the on-going changes in the profession.
- Review all member journeys and build the business cases for change to evolve these to be best in class member centric journeys. Work with the membership support team to ensure changes are embedded and can be delivered on an ongoing basis.
- Carry out a route cause analysis (RCA) and put in place a business improvement plan aimed at improving processes to reduce the impact of income failures. eg bad payer.
- Attend meetings and recruitment events as required to promote the value and benefit of being a member and to improve understanding with stakeholders.
- Working with Director of Membership Services to develop and deliver membership retention targets and KPI's to support delivery and measure the agreed targets.
- Responsible for membership subscription income, including monthly, quarterly and annual collection of fees ensuring delivery at minimum to budget and for working with the Finance team to inform regular reporting of membership income.
- Develop a strategy to measure member satisfaction and or engagement working across the Association to develop the targets and plans, supporting delivery and learning from feedback.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Responsible for the development and day to day management of the member support budget. This will include attendance at budget and reforecasting meetings and will require the budget holder to provide regular and accurate updates to the finance team.
- Sign off expenditure up to £5,000.
- Approve expense claims for direct reports and other members of the team as necessary.
- Members budgets (volume / value)
- Retention Budget (volume / value)
- Migration budget (volume / value)
- Member advocacy
- Feedback from colleagues
- Members support
- Regional organisers
- Dem & Governance
Framework & Boundaries
The suitable candidate for this role must be able to travel and stay overnight on occasion in order to attend meetings/conferences etc.
If you would like to know more or have an informal chat, please contact Hunter Merrifield on 0207 759 7929 or apply online.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.