Head of Membership, Britain and Ireland - up to £50k depending on experience
Hunter Merrifield are proud to be working with a Christian organisation that has been supporting families for over 140 years. They have over 4 million members worldwide, 55,000 of whom in Britain and Ireland.
As a Christian charity, they aim to demonstrate their faith in action through the transformation of communities worldwide. Their members work at grassroots level around the world bringing hope and practical support to at least a million people every year through their programmes and as part of the volunteer base of local churches.
They are looking for a Head of Membership to create a new function within the organisation to build hope and confidence within the membership in Britain and Ireland and reach to out to new audiences. They recognise the need to change so are seeking an inspirational and practical professional to work with them to develop and start to implement a new membership strategy.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Strategic Direction - To put together and lead the implementation and monitoring of, a structured plan for both retention of existing members and recruitment of new ones.
- Project leadership - This individual will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, and the "champion" of membership across the organisation. A number of key activities to support and grow membership will be best carried out through other teams, so part of the role will be to "project lead" all activities required to deliver the agreed plan cross-functionally. They will be confident in working collaboratively with others across the organisation to achieve agreed objectives
- Clergy engagement - A key area of potential growth for the future is in reinvigorating the presence of the organisation in the 75% of parishes where it has ceased to exist. A key priority for the postholder will be to shape and lead an approach, to engage clergy by seeing the potential for the organisation to support their ministry
- Member engagement -The postholder will be expected to liaise extensively with new and potential members in order to nurture growth and enhance service. As membership "champion", they will also be the key contact for the Britain and Ireland Group of trustees, who oversee all work done on behalf of the membership in Britain and Ireland.
- Team leadership - The role will manage a small team comprising:
- Membership Support Manager
- Faith Development Adviser
- Membership support co-ordinator/administrator
- Systems and processes - The postholder will be a key stakeholder in the scoping of the new CRM system. They will own the member journey to ensure a cohesive experience of services, fundraising and administration, and ensure that current systems and processes are optimised as new ones are put in place.
The successful candidate will have:
- Creativity to look at alternative approaches to membership and the member journey.
- Pioneering approach - comfortable to identify ways forward with incomplete data and evolving systems with a "can do" attitude.
- Empathy with and respect for the current membership linked to the vision to see how the core mission and values of the organisation can attract the next generation.
- Understanding of grassroots, member-led, federated organisations.
- Experience of developing a strong membership function, including appropriate systems
- Excellent project management, leadership and networking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills across a wide range of personalities.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Understanding of safeguarding as it relates to an organisation of volunteers working with vulnerable people, including children.
- Willing to adhere to the organisations staff values: trustful and respectful; transparent; non-blaming; try, learn, adapt; taking personal responsibility.
If you feel this could be the next role for you, please submit your CV today!
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.