Type: Part time - 2 days a week for the first month and then 1 day a week thereafter
Duration: on-going (up to 6 months, possibly longer)
Office based in North London
Our client is an independent charity that focuses on mental health. They are looking for a Finance professional to assist them on a temporary basis with processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions including payroll.
What the role involves:
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Review and financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Finance Manager or Director of Fundraising, Corporate Relations & Resources
- Create, send, and follow up on purchase/creditors invoices
- Work with the Finance Manager to reconcile any discrepancies
- Assist the Finance Manager in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
What the client is looking for:
- At least 3 years' experience of being in a finance role in an office environment or similar
- Experience of working on payroll, SAGE and Excel spreadsheets at a highly skilled level
- Skilled in SAGE, Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Strong familiarity with business principles and practices
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.