Direct Marketing Officer (3 month FTC)
We are working with high profile mental health and support charity to hire an interim Direct Marketing Officer. This exciting role is working within the Individual Giving team, where you can have a key impact on the supporter/donor experience. The successful candidate will devise and implement direct marketing communications to prospect and existing supporters, across different products and channels. In this role you will work closely with external suppliers and agencies and act a key contact within the wider organisation to ensure supporters of the charity have the best experience possible.
What will my responsibilities be?
Project management of direct marketing campaigns:
- Implement direct marketing campaigns across online and offline channels from project initiation, through segmentation, data/media specification, creative approach, production, fulfilment to results analysis, ensuring income and expenditure targets are met.
- Manage relationships with internal departments and external agencies to maximise the effectiveness of all individual communications.
- Work with Supporter Services Team and fulfilment house to ensure that donors are thanked effectively for all campaigns.
- Monitor activity through weekly reports and produces results analysis, campaign and end of year reviews, recommending future developments.
Strategic planning and donor development:
- Works with the Individual Giving Manager to identify supporters to select for direct marketing appeals and communications, maximising supporter experience and lifetime value.
- Works with the Database Officers and Data Manager to undertake database analysis, to inform and improve the direct marketing programme.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
Skills and Experience:
- Hands on experience of direct marketing campaign management across a range of activities.
- Proven project management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound understanding of customer relationship marketing and integrated marketing communications.
- Experience of contributing to annual plans.
- Experience of budgetary control and reporting against targets.
- Experience of managing suppliers and agencies.
- Experience of managing digital only marketing campaigns.
- Experience of reporting and analysing online and offline campaigns.
- Competent IT skills in standard Microsoft packages.
- Knowledge of Fundraising regulation, GDPR and best practice.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Direct / Digital Marketing qualification from IDM, DMA, CIM or IoF, or demonstrable, equivalent experience essential.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to take on this exciting contract, please get in touch today.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.