Prospect Research Manager
Why do we need you?
To review, manage and implement an efficient and effective prospect research plan, focussing on major donors, corporates and trusts, to support growth in income and achievement of targets.
To manage an effective prospecting process, involving colleagues across the Philanthropy & Partnerships department.
To manage a team (circa 1) to maximise support for this activity.
What will you get to do on a daily basis?
- Work with Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships to recruit, develop and manage a highly effective prospecting team to achieve stretch goals, managing team performance on an ongoing basis, rewarding success and acting on under performance.
- With the Head of Philanthropy & Partnership, work to deliver the high value giving aspect of the engagement strategy with accountability for operationalising the prospecting strand.
- With colleagues, develop and implement high value processes (identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship) to ensure that partnership opportunities are maximised.
- To design and implement the team prospecting process e.g. prospecting meetings
- To ensure the delivery of high-quality prospect research which meets fundraisers' needs
- To manage prospect pipeline activity and prepare effective and insightful research profiles on both warm and cold high net worth individuals, corporates and trusts in order to develop the prospect pool
- To ensure that networks of Trustees, Board members and other senior contacts are maximised
- To work closely with the Senior Manager Partnerships to prospect, identify and maximise the links and networks between HNWIs and potential partner organisations
The role in context:
- The post operates within a busy department in a fast -moving Charity where effective matrix management and teamwork across divisions is pivotal. Primarily office based in London but given the nature of this role, the job holder may be required to travel to visit other Blind Veteran's UK and third party sites, requiring national travel and overnight stays.
- Setting and working to challenging targets with conflicting demands requiring prioritisation.
- The post holder may be handling and working with highly sensitive information relating to a donor or prospects
What will you need to know to perform in this role?
- Have knowledge of high value / philanthropic giving theory and practice
- ability to interpret the data of donors who have a high propensity to make major gifts
- Able to interpret CSR policies
- Understanding of engaging senior staff and volunteers and how best to access their networks.
What experience will help you get the most out of the role?
- Proven experience of effective prospecting and research pipeline management
- Experience of using data management techniques to support partnership fundraising activity
- Experience of managing staff to deliver high quality results to deadlines
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
Who are you?
- Well developed level of emotional intelligence
- Hard working, tenacious, determined
- Excellent attention to detail
- Committed and passionate
If this sounds like you please apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.