Business Development Manager - Membership
This dynamic and independent think tank share and promote dialogue on global finance and economic policy at incredibly senior levels. Via an exciting programme of meetings and research they connect a comprehensive network of private and public sector experts. You will have the chance to have exposure economic and political decision makers at the highest levels. After a highly sucessful start up phase, they are now experiencing a period of growth and are working hard to maintain a creative and proactive environment.
Based in London and reporting to the Head of Business Development, the Business Development Manager will play a key role in promoting and prospecting new business opportunities. The successful applicant will engage major financial services organisations from the public and private sectors in a collaborative manner for partnership/sponsorship opportunities. This includes events, research projects, reports, podcasts, editorials and advertising. In additional to identifying and securing partners for OMFIF's analysis products, the Business Development Manager will focus on increasing the membership base. Membership is a core element of this think tank and the Business Development Manager will be engaging with senior-level executives in financial institutions globally.
The successful candidate would ideally have more than two years' experience in business development or sales roles within the economic, financial or legal sector, or a similar environment, and can demonstrate a proven track record in new revenue generation. We would expect the Business Development Manager to:
* Develop revenue generating engagements with existing products for new members/markets
* Identify and generate leads through effective telephone liaison with prospective members and sponsors, promotional correspondence, client visits particularly within the London area and presentations on the benefits of membership
*Drive and coordinate successful negotiations with prospective members and sponsors * Build, manage and maintain a substantial pipeline of potential members using the CRM system (Salesforce and Pardot), ensuring accurate and up-to-date record-keeping
* Work towards, meet and exceed realistic and agreed sales targets for new business, up-selling contracts and other membership business development objectives
* Work closely with other teams to deliver projects for new members/markets.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
* Highly organised, attentive to detail with strong ability to prioritise leads/projects effectively
* Excellent phone and written communication skills and good understanding of diplomatic language. A second language is an advantage but not essential
* Show ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects to tight deadlines
* Proactive attitude with proven experience in sales, business development, or membership roles, in or with public and private financial institutions is desirable
* Sound commercial understanding and proficiency with senior-level client interaction
* Ability to work with other teams and across the organisation
* Operate standard Microsoft Office systems and CRM software (Salesforce)
* Educated to degree level, ideally in a relevant subject.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.