Hunter Merrifield are please to be working with a not for profit membership network supporting GPs. They are funded by the NHS and support around 7000 GPs and around 1,250 practices in London on best practice.
The communications Officer will support the organisation's corporate communications, marketing and ICT functions, utilising design, technical and communication skills, to ensure that the organisation's views and programmes are effectively communicated to members and constituents in general practice, stakeholders and staff.
What will my responsibilities be in this role?
- Design and produce high quality communications.
- Support the Head of Communications and ICT in commissioning a new website.
- Support the Head of Communications and ICT in providing ICT solutions and support to the organisation.
- Provide regular analytical reports on all communications channels.
- Engage with all third party ICT providers to the organisation as required.
- Be the point of contact for queries in relation to the Invitation to Tender document for new IT procurement, eg, website renewal.
- Support the Head of Communications and ICT in all aspects of technical support to colleagues.
- Promote the professional image of the organisation in all areas of work.
- Proactively participate in communications team meetings and support colleagues as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the communications team, the wider organisation and trading arm(s).
What experience do I need to be successful in this post?
- Knowledge of;
- Web design.
- Content management systems.
- Design packages.
- MS Office 365 products.
- Technical support (software).
- Two years' experience in a communications function, ideally in a health, public sector or charity organisation.
- Experience of supporting colleagues in the use of ICT equipment.
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite (including Acrobat, Dreamweaver, HTML, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) and Data Studio.
- Experience of using content management systems, database platforms as well as word processing and spreadsheets in all areas of work.
- Knowledge of mobile application and web development software.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office 365 products (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher).
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Experience of developing marketing campaigns and materials.
If your experience matches what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you… Please apply within!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.