Online Community & Product Manager (4-month contract)
£300 - £350 p/d
We are seeking an experienced Online Community Manager to work with a government agency on a ground-breaking digital platform to support London's diverse community. The successful candidate will lead on delivering the vision and roadmap for this online community, ensuring that it continuously improves as a digital product, grows and delivers healthy levels of activity in involving Londoners in a sustained and meaningful debate, research and consultation.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to use your knowledge and experience forward and be part of a unique and project enabling communities to directly impact policy. This is a temporary role for a minimum of 4 months, and the successful candidate will have the option to apply for the permanent position.
What do you need?
- Demonstrable experience managing an online community or similar role.
- Demonstrable experience managing a digital product.
- Experience in content management systems (CMS) and email campaign software
- Experience and skill across a range of outreach and promotional methods including social media management, web content and email campaigns - and ideally also earned and paid media (such as engaging influencers and purchasing social media advertising)
- Genuine interest in nature and subject matter of this role and a finger on the industry pulse, awareness of similar products and new developments
- Good understanding of legal issues involved in online moderation and data protection
- Good working knowledge of Google Analytics and/or other tools for web analytics
- Some knowledge and understanding of public consultation and engagement best practice
What will my role entail?
- To take ownership of the digital roadmap and oversee agency teams of developers. Owning the backlog of work - creating, prioritising and managing stories and bugs, continuously inputting into work and testing progress.
- Being a key and active daily member of agile teams.
- To proactively ensure that content, functionality, operation and user experience are in accordance with industry-wide standards for citizen engagement. To raise bugs with the technical support agency as and when they arise and ensure that fixes happen quickly.
- Lead on the delivery of the growth strategy, balancing the need to both expand the membership and ensure it reflects the London population at large. Monitor success of activity and growth strategies by working with colleagues to deliver dashboards and reports on a regular basis.
- To harness all available user insight (including face-to-face user testing resources, satisfaction surveys, tracking tools such as HotJar and ad hoc user feedback) to improve the product.
- To oversee content and communications, upholding editorial guidelines and overseeing content lifecycles - ensuring that the impact of activity on the site is visible and known.
If you have proven experience creating digital products for and leading an online community, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply today!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.